whole30recipesRED COCONUT CURRY SHRIMP SOUP | @realfoodwithdana |
Missing the ease and deliciousness of takeout on your Whole30? Well I’ve got just the recipe to satisfy those cravings. It’s perfect over my oven-roasted cauliflower rice too!
Red Curry Coconut Soup with Shrimp
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins ———————————————————
✨ Ingredients ✨
½ lb raw shrimp, peeled
2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
½ medium onion, diced
1 small head broccoli, chopped into florets
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
4 Tbsp thai red curry paste
1 ½ cups chicken broth
2 cans (13.5oz) full-fat coconut milk
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp lemongrass
1 red pepper, sliced thin
½ tsp sea salt
fresh ground black pepper, to taste ———————————————————
1. COMBINE coconut milk, 1 ¼ cups of the broth, fish sauce, and lemongrass in a small bowl. Whisk until any lumps in the coconut milk are broken up. Set aside.
2. HEAT a medium/large soup pot with 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, carefully add the shrimp, then cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until the outsides are seared and pink but the inside isn’t completely cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
3. IN the same soup pan, heat the second Tbsp coconut oil and add in the onions, ginger and garlic, + a small pinch of salt. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the onions start to become translucent. Stir every minute or so, so the onions don’t burn.
4. WHILE the onions are cooking, steam the broccoli. Put the broccoli in a microwave-safe dish with about ¼ cup of your broth, put a top on it, and set the microwave for 5 minutes.
5. AFTER the onions are translucent (about 5-6 minutes), stir in curry paste for 30 seconds, then whisk in coconut milk mixture + ½ tsp sea salt, until well combined.
6. TURN the heat to medium low and cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the red peppers and broccoli and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
6. TASTE to adjust salt and pepper.
7. ADD the shrimp just to warm when ready to serve. ———————————————————
#whole30 #whole30recipes #whole30september #realfoodwithdana
- albower@williamjosephs, Hannah said this is really good! We could make it with chicken and only use 1 can of coconut milk so it's not as soupy
- kimmdiditOmg! @alyb77
- melulo@realfoodwithdana Thank you for this delicious recipe 💯
- realfoodwithdana@melulo you're so welcome!!
- realfoodwithdana@albower the flavors will definitely be stronger that way 😋
- realfoodwithdana@rachels03 yay!!! That does sound amazing with steak!!
- realfoodwithdana@mngirl0410 hmm...everyone that has tried it said it was super flavorful! Try adding more curry, or cut the coconut milk in half.
- krugmaurerThis was fantastic! Thanks!
- bleedy_cuticlesThis was.....SO GOOD! My bf said he would order this at a restaurant and doesn't even care for these flavors much. Thanks.
- diaframpton@realfoodwithdana hi! What kind of brand of red curry paste do you recommend that is whole30 and fish sauce brand? Thank you Dana!!!
- realfoodwithdana@diaframpton hey!! I use Thai kitchen red curry paste and red boat fish sauce 😄
- realfoodwithdana@bleedy_cuticles yay!!! Amazing!!
- realfoodwithdana@krugmaurer you're so welcome!!
- diaframpton@realfoodwithdana thank you!!!
- dkazounI wanna make this over the weekend 😍 @hkazoun1014
- lindsytaylr@ssanders121 @libbyjonesss
- julato_@yungmaldita @jlcsantos this recipe is 👌🏽👌🏽 I tweaked it a little when I made it and put more shrimp lol
Log in to like or comment.