puisheenYou guys. The @sheltonelectricinstruments GalaxyFlite III is so damn good, I can hardly put it down. While I love having a ton of tones at the ready, I've always been a bridge pickup guy at heart, and the @porterpickups Wide Range is pushing all the right buttons for me. So here's a taste of it through my '83 Ibanez Super Metal (one of my favorite pedals) and my usual demo amp, the fantastic and oft-overlooked Fender Excelsior Pro. Yum.
More sounds coming!
#guitar #custom #demo #sheltonelectricinstruments #sheltonguitars #galaxyfliteIII #jazzmaster #offsetguitars #porterpickups #widerange #wrhb #yes
- caemusic@puisheen may need to get that Porter Wide Range into Detoo's life...
- jnewtonSounds bad ass.
- aidancooperrossDayum... That's fucking amazing.
- jaredkistyouHow does the Porter WR compare to say Lollar's, or Creamery's?
- puisheen@jaredkistyou Their regular WRHB stacks up well against the brands you mentioned for sure, really great. The WR-JM is a little under wound and definitely emphasizes the single coil sounds of the Wide Range for sure. I'd say it's different in a good way! To me, this sounds more like a humbucking Jazzmaster pickup than a strict Wide Range clone. It's rad.
- jaredkistyou@puisheen A humbucking Jazzmaster pickup sounds like such a cool idea. Damn. Thanks for always keeping us informed!
- puisheen@jardedkistyou Always happy to help!
- sheltonelectricinstrumentsI'll have to agree with you on the @porterpickups WRJM. It definitely has more presence than most humbuckers and emphasizes a more single-coil-ish vibe. We like them a lot. I like the traditional Porter Wide Ranges with the metal covers even more. They really sound good. We'll have to send you another guitar to check out!
- puisheen@sheltonelectricinstruments YES. My thoughts exactly!
- jorge_jorgesSounds AMAZING👍🏻
- swholt8👍 Excelsior! Put good tubes in, find and fix the rattles, enjoy. Best cheap amp out there.
Log in to like or comment.