sweetpotatosoulWHITE BEAN SMOKED MAPLE SAUSAGE RECIPE
Woot woot if you watched my new Youtube video for this recipe 🙋🏾 This easy-to-make recipe was inspired by @isachandra (she’s a vegan rockstar, for real). The sausages come together easily, and you’ll only need one bowl to make them 🍴 Let me know how you like em’, and show me how you use them––tag your photos with #sweetpotatosoul 🍕
If you haven’t seen the video yet, head over to my Youtube to watch. Link in my bio 🍝 ✨
makes 4 sausages
1 cup cannellini beans
¼ cup vegetable broth (or ¼ cup water + ¼ veg bouillon cube)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mellow miso
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp red chili flakes
¼ cup yellow or red onion, minced
¼ cup yukon potato, diced
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp potato starch
¾ cup vital wheat gluten
Place cannellini beans in a large mixing bowl, and use a fork to mash them until they are creamy, but not too much. Maintain some texture.
Add the broth, maple syrup, oil, soy sauce, and miso. Stir well to combine.
Add the smoked paprika, thyme, fennel, black pepper, and red chili. Stir well to combine.
Stir in the onion and potato.
Add the nutritional yeast, potato starch, and wheat gluten and stir until it is all thoroughly combined.
Quarter the batter, and form each section into a sausage shape. Make sure to pack the batter tightly as you shape it.
Wrap tightly in a square foot sheet of aluminum foil, and wrap the ends to seal the sausage inside. Repeat with all of the sausage batter.
Prepare your steam basket. Once steaming, add the sausages, and steam for 45 minutes.
Allow to cool enough to handle.
Place the sausages, still wrapped in aluminum, in the fridge to firm for 3 hours or overnight (you could eat them right away but the texture isn’t as great yet). Now you have a perfect #vegan sausage. You can reheat, grill, sauté, cook, or do whatever you want with them, and they maintain their great texture. Let me know how you’ll use yours!! Peace & Sweet Potatoes 💗🍠
- afrowhispererJust watched the video on yt! Will be trying.
- meeehhhliThese look so delicious! Really need to try them out 🌭 I just love watching your videos, they're full of positive energy and lovely recipes 🍝🌽🎈
- patruszkaWhat can I used insted the yukon potato?
- chef_ness_If you wrapped them in plastic wrap and then tinfoil, you can get a much tighter roll :) the foil will protect the plastic from melting.
- braedynastic@kashbrn mmmmmm
- aimhutI made these today, and they are delicious! I left out the potato because I didn't have any, and I might do 1tbsp maple syrup next time. Ate them with grits, sauteed mushrooms and onions, spinach, and cannellini beans.
- lottatroublemakerJust watched the vid, these look soooo good! Thanks so much, not bad when you can have a fast food moment with something like this! :)
- sophigohWill this work without the oil?
- katssavagekitchenMaking these now. They are literally steaming. The mixture smelled so good. Can't wait to try them tomorrow!
- lxlxthxsWill corn starch instead of potato starch work as well? 🤔❤
- frog.friend@lxlxthxs I used corn starch and they turned out v tasty! :0
- alivisionCan they be frozen?? @sweetpotatosoul
- gdutil2Where's the recipe?
- weatherleighAbout to steam mine! Can't wait to try them tomorrow. Anything with vital wheat gluten is better the next day :)
- sardinhaforadalatablogI'am gonna try today. Wish me luck.
Log in to like or comment.