sickchickchicHi! So I realise I've not updated on here for a while but I was very, very lucky to receive my shiny new lungs not too long after arriving at Harefield! Since then I've been recovering as being so unwell beforehand and afterwards left me feeling very weak. Recovery has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do, physically and mentally, but after over a month in intensive care I'm now on the transplant ward. This was Thursday eating my dinner in the sunshine! I've a while to go yet as I've still got a trachy in and need to learn to walk properly again but I'll get there eventually with the help of the incredible staff here at Harefield Hospital. There are not enough words to thank my beautiful donor and their amazing family for giving me this second chance at life, it's not just me but the effect organ donation has had on my family and loved ones too is clear to see. Thank you so much for all the messages, I've been too tired to reply but I've read them all and they've been a real boost 💕 #organdonation #lungtransplant #doublelungtransplant #harefieldhospital #harefield #cf #cysticfibrosis #livelifegivelife
- annie_are_you_okay_So glad you've finally got your shiny new lungs and are on the mend! It's amazing what organ donation can do. Sending lots of positive vibes for recovery 💜
- fuzzypeachdreamsMuch love to you, organ donation is a truly wonderful gift. You'll be home with Freddy and your family before you know it xx
- n_mitCongratulations... Enjoyed reading your post.. Hope you're walking in the sunshine very soon xx💐🌻
- bubblesther_So happy that you're getting better! Stay strong😘 Sending you lots of love💕
- misskatyenglishI've only just seen this but OH JOSIE 💖 I'm so so happy for both you and your family. It must be such a relief to know you're on your way to being properly better! Sending you tons of love and good squishy vibes for your recovery 💕
- charlottelizbthSo happy to see you looking so happy Josie! I've followed your journey for a while and am so inspired by your strength. Sending you every strength and a quicker recovery than expected. What a wonderful gift to have, a new life to be lived! Excited for you❤️
- staceybarber_xAw Hun! I'm so happy for you! You are so brave! I can't wait for you to get better and better and live the life you deserve! You keep getting better Hun! You are a star! ⭐️ You can do it! Loads of love coming your way!!! 💕💕💕💕💐🙌🏻💪🏻
- appliqueoriginalsI'm so happy for you @sickchickchic ... here's to a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing your progress 💘
- charissaraeSo glad to see you posting again after seeing your tweets off your mum giving us updates! X
- fishsbonesSo happy for you!
- g13eorgiaIt's absolutely brilliant to hear that you are ok. Bought a tear to my eye!!!!! keep going girl 💜💜💜💜💜
- pinklittlebeanJust seen this today. So happy for you. Lots of love & here's to a speedy recovery! x
- meandmywardrobeYour such an inspiration x
- hannacornishYou're so brave 💛 fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and feeling better real soon x
- fashionwelldoneOh Josie, instagram on this Windows phone has been so terrible I didn't even see that this happened. I am in awe of you right now, I hope you've inspired a few more people to sign the donor register. Amazing woman xxx
- lyoshathegirlOh my god! I'm so happy for you❤️❤️❤️ hope your recovery be easy and as pleasant as possible
- thehealthsessionsI missed this update, but I'm so happy for you! And that you're home now!
- spooniesophiaI've only just seen this Josie sorry! Soooooooo So happy for you that you've got your lovely new lungs now ❤️❤️ what a brave soldier you are!! Sending you so much healing love and gentle hugs 😘😘
- transplanttoysCongratulations beautiful. I hope you have many decades with your new lungs and a life filled with good health & happiness ❤️
Log in to like or comment.