erinpalinskiwadeOne favorite in our house is nachos, but the traditional nacho isn’t exactly the most nutritious choice to indulge in each day. That’s why I gave it a makeover to boost the fiber, protein, and nutrient content of our nachos while still making sure they taste as great as they always have! The secret ingredient is swapping out standard tortilla chips for chips made from @flatoutbread ProteinUP Flatbread. These flatbreads are packed full of whole grains, protein, and fiber while being reduced in carbohydrate. They made the perfect addition to this nacho recipe. I can’t wait for you to give it a try and tell me what you think! #client #sponsored
Protein Powered Vegetarian Low Carb Nachos
2 Flatout ProteinUp Flatbreads
½ cup shredded part-skim cheddar cheese
½ cup black beans, canned and drained
1/3 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1/3 cup diced onions
1/3 cup diced bell peppers
4 tbsp canned tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
4 slices of jarred, pickled jalapeños
1 Tbs canned sliced black olives
¼ tsp chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Olive oil spray
A pinch of pepper
A pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 300 F. Using a pizza cutter, slice the flatbread into chip-sized pieces. Place chips onto a lined baked sheet (you can line with parchment paper or foil). Spray evenly with olive oil spray. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
As chips are baking in the oven, in a small bowl mix together diced tomatoes, onions, peppers, jalapenos, and black beans along with the salsa, cilantro, and cumin. Remove chips from oven and spread mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle shredded cheese and olives over mixture and return to the oven. Make for another 2-4 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve warm with a side of salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
#healthynachos #proteinpackedsnacks #proteinpackedmeals #vegetariannachos #diabetesfriendlymeals #diabetesrecipe #proteinrecipe #bbgrecipe #bbgmoms #weightlossrecipe #weightlossjourney #weightlosstransformation #fitgirlsfollow #fitmeals #fitsnacks #t1d #t2d
- erinpalinskiwade@thelodownonhealthy @damien.weightloss @wisehealthsuggestions @vegansupplyco thank you all so glad you enjoyed it!
- erinpalinskiwade@wildflowerbee 😘
- erinpalinskiwade@runnergirltraining @thefutchlife so glad you like it! Can't wait to hear what you think if you try it!
- kristineziurLet's make this!!! @adaciabatta @santaella_4 @cassandraaa22
- nat_haxLove this!!
- blissful_angLooks so yummy 💧
- ginaaabenvenuto@lucychavez @lolobreen
- lucychavez@ginaaabenvenuto this looks amazing!!!
- erinpalinskiwade@lucychavez @ginaaabenvenuto @tajmasharrieff thank you so much!!
- katie_pott@luke_mueller24 these look pretty amazing!
- scottdykemaLooks super good!!
Log in to like or comment.