taramossauthorYesterday I hosted another of our delightful monthly sewing bees, and did some hand-sewing on the bias binding finishes inside my DIY corset. Meanwhile my girl hung out in homemade steampunk wings (as you do) and a necklace made with her dad that afternoon. I find crafting and mending my own things very rewarding. It's something I couldn't have done just months ago. #craft #sewing #sewingbee #makedoandmend #family (For a crime writer, agitator and action woman, it seems I can still approximate the look of domestic bliss from time to time. No one is one-sided. Still couldn't cook to save my life, but hey, no one can do it all...) - Photograph by Berndt Sellheim.
- an_aaron_thomasI have always found it super handy to have a strange aggregate of skills. I am thankful to my mum and nan for always making and fixing clothes and things, for the reasons you list above
- crankyceramicsI have no doubt that you will tackle that cooking thing with the same fiery spirit as all your other skills to show your daughter how important it is to be strong and competent.
- swingsnroundabouts24I wish I lived closer so I could join in!
- mz_lisakLike a #movie #notyetplayed #socute
- silviacolloca@taramossauthor yes, you can cook!!! Xx
- alpha.whiskey_😂 can't cook to save your life?! There's has to be at least one meal, your trademark meal, that you can cook! You could take a cooking class maybe?
- taramossauthor@silviacolloca Ha, ha. Only under your tutelage! 😘
- taramossauthor@an_aaron_thomas Mending is such an important skill.
- an_aaron_thomas@taramossauthor particularly buttons. Everyone should at least be able to reattach a button.
- aussiechick55I still mend my woollen socks! @taramossauthor 🙃
- taramossauthor@aussiechick55 Wow! That's awesome.
- taramossauthor@swingsnroundabouts24 Yes, we'd love to have you x
- swingsnroundabouts24Definitely need to make a trip up!
- taramossauthor@an_aaron_thomas Yes, and basic mending for popped seams.
- threadden💙❤️💜your sewing bees!
Log in to like or comment.