cococakelandAnkle-deep in local blueberries this summer and I'm so pumped about it! Made this blueberry lemon icebox cake from @bonappetitmag by @nicole_rucker. I served it to my beloved parents on a warmish summer eve, post-sushi-takeout. Layers of graham crackers, mascarpone lemon curd cream and a quick blueberry jam frozen into a loaf pan and sliced large and in charge. Summery heaven ✨❤️! It makes me so happy to make food for my parents, a way I can show them how much I love them and appreciate them. Life is moving really fast for me these days. I know these moments are limited, that time is passing and no one can live forever. Teddy has been asking me about death a lot. "Why did Grandpa die? I wanted to meet him!" and even asking when I would die, or when he would die. Such hard questions that I try to answer honestly. He's very goth for a not-quite-4-year old. Tomorrow I'll wake up an old woman. But tonight I'll eat some more icebox cake. ❤️
- nicole_rucker@cococakeland awwwww thanks! Like I said - huge fan of your work. Always makes me so happy to see a post from you because: gorgeous cakessssss mmmmmm
- awrub@tannismann this looks 👌🏼
- elabauFour year olds are so precocious like that! It is so hard for me to strike a balance between answering honestly (because I think that's important) but not giving him more information than he can handle. Such a privilege to parent those little minds, though!
- cevinyonI love this post....the cake looks delicious and I love blueberries... but your thoughts behind your reason for baking is even more so. Life does move fast and if we're blessed we have days like you had today where things slow down a bit, you enjoy family and actually have time to ponder those questions asked by our inquisitive kids!
- allycleeThis is awesome!
- foodessBeautiful thoughts and beautiful cake. I hear ya, I feel panicky about how quickly time is going. 😬
- tehachapigrainprojectLovely sentiment and love @nicole_rucker 💜 looks delish!
- oh_sweet_dayMy older son started asking me about death when he was about 4 too! Whats up with 4-year-olds?! The most heartbreaking yet likely true part of this is that he refuses to believe that i will probably go before him!😔
- foodnfestnoted ✔ 😄
- loscakestandThank you for sharing this! Love your beautiful baking and capture of this cake. Your ability to convey thoughts and fears candidly is such a gift to us and I appreciate your voice! I think you hit on something that we all experience and it is nice to feel not alone in that respect. 💕
- eleonoramilanoSoo good😍😋
- marrylorOh yummm
- inspirationnookLooks incredible! P.S You are amazing ✨
- cheriminiSlow down time ✨
- indulgewithmimiSuch thoughtful sentiments Lindsay 💕 good thing cake helps us live in the moment 😊💕💕💕
- justryingtoeatBeautiful. And what a caption!
- salt2taste.instaCouldn't stop myself following you.... Amazing collection of happy colourful pictures!
- nicol.issimaAmazing picture and wonderful caption-- so heartfelt @cococakeland
Log in to like or comment.