mormonnewsroomWhen The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints builds a new temple, the sacred building is opened for public tours. All are invited to attend this open house, which usually lasts a few weeks. After that, the temple is formally dedicated and is open only to Church members who are actively engaged in the faith.
Here, a group of Amish visitors wait in line to tour the new Philadelphia Pennsylvania Temple. #PhillyLDSTemple
- the_real_legit_jesusDo they give free cake like Methodists?
- rebecamendez197Que precioso
- bennifer0605@the_real_legit_jesus Sometimes they serve cookies 😊
- stan_wayAm I the only person that finds it innapropriate that the Church has taken a photo and posted it of a good group of religious people who hold as a tenet of their faith that their photographs should not be taken?
- audspencer@stan_way 🖕🏻up a little way it says they agreed to appropriate pictures.
- annadelehenrieI love seeing people of faith come together!
- juliewjohansenA group of Amish families has joined the Church from the Ohio mission.
- mrguiseSo cool!
- lornadurham@davemmatthews lol totally saw this, my sister sent this to me
- ourlittleedenFor those of you concerned about the photography aspect, the Amish do not believe photographs take their soul as mentioned above. It is the rejection of pride or any form of vanity which they are firmly committed to. In this case, it is not about pride or vanity and no individuals are singled out or named. It is simply another person, not of their faith, acknowledging their presence at an open house event, where a sacred building for another Christian faith is temporarily open to people of any belief. So it does not violate their beliefs. Also their permission was given before the photo was taken or published.
- kalanoraHahaha you're dream!! @jessadyer
- dprudence64Awesome photo. Love to know what they thought...
- mlowpowerSo cool to see the Amish saints curious about the Latter-Day Saints. I have visited Amish country on many occasions out of curiosity to their faith.
- patkummerThat's awesome!!! Great picture!:)
- ileanaco02Our brethren from another tribe
- brians_brooklyn@jeremydeanharrison were u there that day??
Log in to like or comment.