worldisabookIt was fascinating and amusing to watch several dolphins get weighed during our visit to the @dolphinresearchcenter in the #floridakeys last weekend. They jumped and slid into this scale while researchers recorded their weight.
Over half of the resident bottlenose dolphins were born here while the others were rescued or came from other places and considered unreleasable to the wild by the government.
#flkeys #trueblueflkeys #ig_florida #lovefl #dolphins #wildlifewednesday
- dmpclothing.coBest one out there
- kidsareatripSo cute!
- stuffedsuitcaseAwesome animals!
- pitstopsforkidsThe dolphin looks cooperative!
- global_munchkinsI love how friendly they are... Remind me of dogs. Love to please
- travelledsofarThis is such a joy to see... I know people say about animals in aquariums being trained but the reason that aquarists are doing training of the animals is so that vital things like this can be carried out. We trained the seals where I worked to do this it makes it so much easier than trying to wrestle an animal onto the scales
- worldisabook@travelledsofar That's so great to know. Thanks for sharing your experience!
- crazyfamilyadventureSuch beautiful animals!
- nobackhomesuch majestic creatures! i can watch them for hours!
- strolleringtheglobeDolphins are such beautiful creatures! What a neat experience
- helloterumiThat would be so incredible to see!
- danahfreemanBeautiful 🐬
- indietravelnetOh wow! ! 🐳
- bubsonthemoveJust amazing animals.
- karaswYou captured his (her?!) balancing act perfectly.
- workmomtravelsAwww... they slide up there all on their own??
- thetravelingpratersDolphins are so fun.
- emilymariatravelsLove this!
Log in to like or comment.