johnmichaelfloresThis is the route that George A Wyman took in 1903. He did not map his route (roadmaps were a new thing), but the George A Wyman Memorial Project has spent years reviewing Wyman's travel story as it was originally published and correlating places that Wyman mentioned in his story to a map. Wyman himself did not record his mileage because his cyclometer broke due to the horrid road conditions. He bought another one and then that broke too. So that was the end of that. Overall, it's about 3,028 miles, and the general route became what is now known as the Lincoln Highway, one of the first transcontinental routes established 10 years later in 1913.
Funny story-when I went to my credit union to tell them that I would be traveling and not to put a security block on my card, they asked what states I was visiting. I said, "California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York." I don't think that they were expecting such a long list LOL.
#advrider #adventuretouring #motorcyclelife #motorcyclediaries #motorcycletravel #motorcycleadventure #motorcycle #motorcycles #RoadRUNNER @RoadRUNNER_magazine #ZeroMotorcycles #GeorgeAWyman #history #ushistory #historynerd
- jensmotoadventuresHah! The same thing happened to me when I told my Credit Union where I was going last month. The girl looked at me about halfway through the list and said, "Wow! Is there anywhere you aren't going?!" 😂
- adventureperspectiveGood luck! I'll be looking forward to following the trip!
- mrkickrgHave fun buddy 👍👍👍
- gary_ghezziMay the electrons be with you. Literally. All the way.
- marshallp123When do u leave?
- johnmichaelfloresThanks @adventureperspective @mrgubrz @mrkickrg! Thanks for the Star Trek reference @gary_ghezzi. I leave SF on Monday @marshallp123
- rxvringsWow! I'm liking this image 🔥 👊
- __awaraWe got similar perceptions.
Log in to like or comment.