expedition_196After a 1 hour and 15 minute fast paced uphill trek, I arrived at Paro Taktsang. The pilgrimage was like something out of Avatar, a dream to trek, through low hanging clouds with a harrowing drop at any given moment on either side. Prayer flags swayed through the pines, prayer wheels spinning in the breeze, and tsa-tsas (ashes of the dead) wedged between crevices of stone. Passing over a bridge and waterfall and up the last flight of stairs, I entered one of the chambers where I was completely alone. Tip-toeing past the glowing butter candles and sacred relics, I kneeled on a rug, cracked open an aged window and rested my head on the windowsill to reflect and admire the massive 2,000ft plunge into the vast Himalayan valley below, as clouds swiftly passed. Without my phone or camera equipment, I was able to consciously enjoy this moment in peace. 🏔
• • •
- jaimarang_Tirate un viaje a venezuela pues
- email@example.com I'm obsessed. And she referenced Avatar
- moose_antlerShe's traveling to every country in the world, she's at 181 of 196 @woodenship
- hannah.doerksen@allysigurdson you should follow this girl, she's traveling every single country in 2 years!! So cool😍
- woodenship@moose_antler love it!
- thatgirl_alexx@keedypaula she is #goals af
- supry.xuNiceeeeeee 😆😆😆😆
- bathmmannBeautiful smile!!!
- aedrasarahEla vai ser a primeira mulher a visitar todos os países do mundo @coruja.cosmica
- coupleawanderersI love your words here. It sounds like a truly memorable experience. I agree, sometimes it is best when you don't have your camera!
- niloufarkarimianEee in k tu ketab zaban bud @___shaqayeq._
- ___shaqayeq._@niloufarkarimian Re
- stefperez@karenn_x0 omgggg
- lazerleo@krs1andonly check her out! Inspired much?!
- herskisI wanna go here @lucygw89 😁
- lucygw89@herskis I'm in
Log in to like or comment.