thebubbleistaHad the chance to try @moetchandon Ice Impérial for the 1st time at the #NuitDuChampagne event. Moët bills itself as "the first and only" champagne especially created to be enjoyed over ice.
Now before I go any further, I have a teeny, tiny confession: I haven't been exactly sure how I would feel about sipping champagne with ice in it:
Would it negatively affect the taste of the bubbly?
Would the ice alter it's quality and complexity?
Would I feel like a little old lady who ordered a wine spritzer?
Fortunately I discovered at the event that my fears were all for naught!
The champagne was nicely fruity and had a bit of sweetness with nice acidity. While the ice did dilute it a bit, it wasn't an impediment to enjoying the bubbly and it actually turned out to be a pretty refreshing to sip.
In fact, after dropping a couple of fresh raspberries into the glass I could actually envision myself sipping the Moët Ice Impérial on the beaches of Nice...or in Saint-Tropez...or on a yacht in the Mediterranean... Well, you get the drift!
Anyway, I DO have 1 #BubbleistaTip for drinking any champagne that's designed to be sipped over ice: use ice cubes made from purified water. It would be a travesty to put stale, weird tasting, sometimes smelly regular ice into a glass of expensive champagne!
Have you ever tried champagne over ice? What did you think? If you haven't tried it, would you?
Double tap and sound off in the comments!
- goldlablGreat tip! Good to know I'm definitely not an ice over Champagne girl either but I will definitely try it
- nicallyssHmmmm...not sure about ice. But what are your thoughts about freezing the fruit first? Would that still give the effect of a nice chill?
- thebubbleista#Moët #MoëtMoment #Moet #MoëtEtChandon #bubbly #champagneaddict #nuitduchampagne #champagnelife #champagne #champagneaddict #ChampagneBlogger #champers #popchampagne #ChampagneLover #FlashesOfDelight #LiveBeautifully #LiveTheLittleThings #TheHappyNow
#myunicornlife #wine #winelover #winestagram #WineBlogger #winelife #TheChampagneLifestyleTastemaker
- champagnenikkibI'm not a big Moet fan but I actually like this one! I was also skeptical at first but it is very refreshing, slightly fruity but still holds to the true standards of Méthode Champenoise . It's good for a summer switch up. But hopefully I will be enjoying my next bottle of this "over ice "Champagne poolside 😋🍾👙🌊
- thebubbleistaYes, give it a whirl @goldlabl! Veuve came out with their "Rich" champagne to drink over ice as well. I'd love to know what you think when you try it!
- thebubbleistaHey Nic! Freezing fruit is a perfect way of giving bubbly some chill (and flavor) without diluting it! My faves fruits to freeze are blackberries; golden raspberries; star fruit; and thin slices of fresh, juicy peaches. Sometime I even combine fruits! @nicallyss
- goldlablMaybe I'll try this weekend I'm heading to a few get togethers and never like to show up empty handed 🍾😉
- thebubbleistaYeeessss @champagnenikkib! Poolside bubbles would be fab! Is it too much to ask for maybe a bottle or two beachside as well? And you are so right--the Moet is a great "summer switch up"--I like how you phrased that! 😉
- thebubbleista"I...never like to show up empty handed..." ----> Jazmyn, THAT right there is one of the reasons why we were meant to be friends, lady! #RaisedRight ha ha 😘
- purse__onalityCan't wait to try- and it doesn't get diluted?
- thebubbleistaHey @purse__onality! It does dilute it, but it doesn't negatively affect the flavor. You know how ice can make something taste "yuck" after it waters it down? That didn't happen. The more diluted it became the less intense the flavors were, but it was still tasty.
- thecorkscrewconciergeI've had it super chilled without ice but was thinking of using frozen strawberries the next time. Raspberries would work too!
- thebubbleistaThank you for asking @purse__onality! Let me know if you try it--would love to hear what you think.
- thebubbleistaWell the size of raspberries DOES let you get more champagne in the glass from a volume perspective @thecorkscrewconcierge...😂😂😂
Log in to like or comment.