iolstephanie#2016iol366 June 28th. Neurologist... I've got a ton of sticky paste in my hair now. Hot shower in my future. Trying to find out if I have brain irritation causing my lingering finger numbness.
- brannan7mm08How can they determine brain irritation with an EEG? Just wondering. Hopefully they can help you. Just 1 finger? Or multiples?
- iolstephanie@gmabrannan I don't know? I had like 20 electrodes on my head and had to sit in the dark 18 minutes. He was checking if my stroke area was firing off something. Just 1 fingertip, down from whole hand.
- egfergusonI had a few numb fingers for several weeks after giving birth. Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. Perhaps it's just a coincidence?
- iolstephanie@egferguson i don't know... It's my fingertip, and the stroke numbness/tingling slowly recessed to that over 2 days...
- brannan7mm08Hopefully in time the lingering numbness will pass. Was your stroke related to your pregnancy?
- iolstephanie@gmabrannan they believe so, but we're still ruling out other causes.
- montessorilifeasweknowitHope you get some answers soon xo
- talisker_twoIt looks almost like the same set up for sleep studies, they are measuring brainwaves, fluctuations in your heart etc. I had needles stuck in my arms and electrical pulses put through them to determin whats going on in my arms. Did I pick that up correctly that you had a stroke?
- iolstephanie@talisker_two Yes, I had TIAs (confirmed on MRI) two days postpartum. They are leaning towards thinking my blood was thicker during pregnancy and I pushed so hard that I reversed the flow of blood through the congenital hole in my heart and allowed tiny clots access go my brain. But we are waiting to rule out all possible clotting disorders.
- talisker_two@iolstephanie im so sorry to hear that Sweetie, you have more than enough to worry about after giving birth, im glad they are checking under the hood so to speak to make sure there is nothing else going on and work on any problems that occurred during delivery. I hope you are not located in Ontario and going through the crap my son did with 2 catastrophic strokes last year. Sending you love and healing ♡♡♡
- crysinlifeOh how I remember that sticky mess in my hair. I hope you get some answers soon.
Log in to like or comment.