erika_maddenVacations and sabbaticals are often thought of as unnecessary -- and even unwise -- among the U.S. biz crowd. But I don't buy it, and I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't either.
After a few months of semi-sabbatical and two weeks of vacay (much of it spent where Internet and phone service was non-existent! 🌲) I'm happier, healthier, and more productive than ever before. Today alone I wrote several client emails, helped people in my Facebook Group, planted hot peppers, basil, and sage in my garden, dug up several square yards of grass that had overrun my flower beds, mowed my yard, scrubbed the inside + outside of my fridge from top to bottom, washed (and folded!) two loads of laundry, cooked lunch and dinner for my three munchkins (got my #macros perfectly on target for the 1st time!) and prepped my #chiapudding breakfast for the next couple of days. 😳 In all that I even snuck in a refreshing nap! 😴 ❤️ Taking a break helps you work smarter and gain the energy to get. things. done. If you're feeling like you have to think too hard to do even the simplest things in your business and you're not getting any of life's important things done, it may be time to give yourself some space + TLC. 🛀🍷☀️
#abmlifeiscolorful #abmhappylife #abmathome #calledtobecreative #savvybusinessowner #tnchustler #liveyourlife #thehappynow #liveinpursuit #communityovercompetition #selfcareisntselfish
- camillesansouciIn love with everything about this. ♡♡♡
- marissaburdettI SO wish this was a more commonly accepted practice because the proof is right in your caption! I'm so glad you had some R&R to recharge and spend time with your family Erika. And glad to see you back and better than ever :)
- cursorandinkI agree 100%. It's so easy to fall into the trap of thinking that taking a break = not getting work done. This proves that's not the case, it just means that you're getting yourself ready to better work on what might be a different timeline and what will definitely be a better headspace. So glad you enjoyed your vacation!
- erika_maddenIt must be said that I owe A LOT of my renewed energy to your 21 day challenge + eating plan @camillesansouci!!! 🎉
- erika_maddenOh man, it's scary how easy it is to fall into the trap, @cursorandink. 😱 I did it for 2 years and was really starting to suffer severely physically + mentally from it. It's just not worth it.
- erika_maddenYou are so wonderful, @marissaburdett. I am grateful for you every time I see you online! You're so refreshing and kind. 💓
- omnomherbivoreI couldn't agree more!!! I don't like that most companies in the US only have 2-3 weeks of earned PTO blehh!
- lcasellieventsI so need to get on your level! I've been working so hard this month and its killer!
- erika_madden@omnomherbivore I know, it's a crime IMNSHO. We need to take some pointers from our European friends!
- erika_madden@lcasellievents Passive income has seriously saved my hide. 🐃
Log in to like or comment.