denalinpsEven when the clouds roll in, the landscape is still full of wonder.
Should you hike off the road and trail, remember to be prepared for any type of weather.
The Hiker's Checklist includes:
✔ Food. ✔ Water. ✔ Boots and socks. ✔ Appropriate clothing. ✔Rain gear. ✔Maps and compass.
✔ Emergency gear: first aid kit, whistle, utility knife.
✔ Always be alert for wildlife and maintain safe viewing distances. 300 meters minimum for bears.
✔ Pack out what you pack in. ✔ Let people know where you are going.
Have fun! 😄
For more information about exploring the park visit nps.gov/dena
Photo courtesy of KArthur
- samichaels_24How far off the park road is this? @erich.yaeger
- abaketteSounds simple enough @jenslon731
- shankwheat@maryjo850 going here soon
- october31981Soo beautiful
- maryjo850It looks beautiful!
- auburncathy@denalinps you forget to include bear spray!
- denalinps@samichaels_24 This is about two miles south of the Park Road and east of Divide Mountain. To access the area will require walking through brush, crossing small sections of the Toklat River and hiking up. Be sure to check for any wildlife closures at the Backcountry Information Center. https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/backcountryinfocenter.htm
- denalinps@auburncathy Yes. Thank you. Please have bear spray when hiking in the backcountry. Make lots of noise. Talk loudly. For more information on hiking, please visit https://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/backcountryinfocenter.htm
Log in to like or comment.