bsbookloveHow to make an end-of-year party educational (or alternate title- How to take all the fun out of a free day 😝). My students brought in food to symbolize parts of their free reading books and then they had to tell us about it before we could get a piece. Lots of create connections!! Link in profile to this freebie! 😊🍡🍰 #englishteacher #elateacher
- butterfliesanddaydreams1I love this! I could definitely use with my 4th graders!
- jessjordanaDid you do this for independent reading books? How did you work in independent reading to your senior class? I would love to skype with you this summer about senior instruction!
- bsbooklove@butterfliesanddaydreams1 Thank you!! This would be so fun with 4th graders I think!!!
- bsbooklove@jessjordana I normally do use this with all the grades I teach, but I tried doing work related books with my seniors this year, so I only used this my sophomores this time. For free reading, I implement it into my procedures for each day so my students get 10 minutes of free reading every. single. day. This is what they do while I take attendance (I start reading with them after I have everything in order). I have 90 min classes so it's not a huge chunk of our day, but it makes such a difference in the culture of my classroom! We are currently renovating our new house but as soon as I get settled, I would love to Skype with you! ❤️
- secondarysupplementsGenius!! 🙌
Log in to like or comment.