chelseawearsI'm disgusted, beyond heartbroken, and angry over Orlando. An already marginalized group targeted in their safe space during a time to celebrate LGBTQ life. That we, as a nation, have let the issues of gun violence and homophobia get this out of control... absolutely disgusting. Fuck the NRA. Fuck politicians who don't do what's right and protect their constituents. Fuck assault rifles.
Know their names:
R.I.P. Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old
Stanley Almodovar III, 23 years old
Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old
Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old
Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old
Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old
Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old
Kimberly Morris, 37 years old
Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30 years old
Darryl Roman Burt II, 29 years old
Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32 years old
Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21 years old
Anthony Luis Laureanodisla, 25 years old
Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35 years old
Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50 years old
Amanda Alvear, 25 years old
Martin Benitez Torres, 33 years old
Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37 years old
Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26 years old
Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35 years old
Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25 years old
Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31 years old
Oscar A Aracena-Montero, 26 years old
Enrique L. Rios, Jr., 25 years old
Miguel Angel Honorato, 30 years old
Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40 years old
Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32 years old
Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19 years old
Cory James Connell, 21 years old
Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37 years old
Luis Daniel Conde, 39 years old
Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33 years old
Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25 years old
Jerald Arthur Wright, 31 years old
Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25 years old
Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25 years old
Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24 years old
Jean C. Nives Rodriguez, 27 years old
Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, 33 years old
Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49 years old
Yilmary Rodriguez Solivan, 24 years old
Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 years old
Angel L. Candelario-Padro, 28 years old
Frank Hernandez, 27 years old
Paul Terrell Henry, 41 years old
Antonio Davon Brown, 29 years old
Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz 24 years old
- kathrynfennell@chantelleburbine all those names.... So fucking sad.
- lauren.dfitzThank you for posting this. So disgusted and pained by the deaths of my LGBT+ brothers and sisters. I'm absolutely speechless at the state of the United States and the world. Living in fear is something no one should have to go through but that is the reality for all LGBT+ people in this world.
- msmsshopaholicSo sad. When you actually see names it's more sickening.
- arielle618I lived in Orlando for 11 years, and my poor friends had been frantically looking for people they knew there that night. Unfortunately, they're all on the list above and I am so heartbroken for everyone.
- halatronSo fucking powerful. It's so disgusting.
- terrafaithThis reminds me of the days of beautiful obituaries posted after Sept 11. Thank you 💕
- alinichamI can't like this post because there is nothing to like about this whole situation. I am heart broken by all of it. Thank you for posting this 💗
- jnnfrgrmmSo fucking pissed. Utterly heartbreaking 💔
- msdreamcakesI can't wrap my brain around it...as the mom of a trans child it makes me literally feel sick at my stomach.
- chubbybadasswords feel meaningless now. without action this will continue. & that, that disgusts me. what will it take to instill gun control? who else needs to die? it fills me with seething rage to see pointless answers being given when we need abrasive action.
- naneffThis was a tragedy, but it's not guns-it's the person behind it. If the guy doesn't represent all Muslims, then why does he represent all gun owners?
- chelseawears@naneff lol don't even try that bullshit here. No. Assault rifles are fucking unnecessary.
- naneff@chelseawears my opinion isn't bullshit...just like yours isn't. I didn't say assault rifles are necessary, I'm talking about gun owners in general.
- chelseawears@naneff and I didn't mention religion or "gun owners" in general, so where are you coming from? Not a place of sympathy, so no, that dumb conservative talking point is not allowed here. Bye.
- chelseyzamThe problem is guns themselves and the whole culture of "masculinity" surrounding them. If you're not allowed to board a plane in our country if you're on a watch list (Muslim or not), then there's absolutely no reason to own an assault rifle. Especially if you're not military or PD. Listen to Democracy Now's broadcast from yesterday. Australia (a self-promoted gun-loving country) decided to enact gun control laws 20 years ago after they experienced a similar tragedy. Guess what? They haven't had a tragedy since and have experienced 50% less gun-related deaths and violence. Hmm... Why do you think we have experienced over 100 gun-related incidences in just the last year when we rarely hear of these occurrences outside of the States? It's because they have gun laws/restrictions, and we're still the idiots in denial that don't. @naneff assault rifles will never be necessary. End of story.
- louisamoyCould not agree more 👏🏻👏🏻. The NRA is fucked! I can't bring my tube of shampoo onto a flight because it's considered dangerous but you can easily buy an assault weapon?!! Come on!
- theavandenbrinkMy 29 year old daughter is gay and mixed race,never ever in my life I thought I have to be afraid of both,I am from The Netherlands and its 'better' as gay not to walk hand in hand!! It wasn't like that years ago. My heart is broken for all those people and their family's😪
Log in to like or comment.