rebecca.jacobsYou guys, it's always been the small things. Not only in travel, but especially in travel.
Like when we stood outside the gelato shop to photograph our pistachio and ricotta cheese flavoured scoops, before sitting down with them right where the sunlight was pouring in the open garage door wall. And then an Italian man, who'd clearly been observing our tourist antics, came up and asked if he could take our photo together (in the best English he could muster) as it would make a beautiful shot the way we were seated right now.
This unnecessary kindness, this little act, is an Italy memory I will hold on to for keeps.
PS: As a Canadian—"nice people" as we like to think of ourselves—I often wonder if (and hope that) we make visitors feel as over-the-top welcomed as I've felt in so many cities I've visited. If you've ever travelled to Canada, please let me know!
- jonstrakerI've travelled to Canada and I think your sass really speaks for the whole country. I miss it though can't wait till you're home 😍
- danicajacobsrt @jonstraker
- rebecca.jacobsWe wish you were here 😘 @jonstraker @danicajacobs
- jonstrakerDanica gets it @danicajacobs
- jonstraker^ true buddy
- chicitymomWent to Montreal last September and yes locals were great! We went in this beautiful bakery and we bought a few rolls and the guy threw two more HUGE loaves of bread for free! Another time we were trying to find this Italian restaurant on foot and this lady literally went out her way to help us find the place-she literally walked us there. And then by the hotel we were trying to find bottled water and we asked this guy who was smoking on the corner and he ended up being an owner of s restaurant, so he took he there and gave us a huge bottle of water from behind the bar to take home. Of course he probably wanted us to stop by his place later 😅 but we definitely did. I noticed though couple elderly workers out there we were trying to ask for help were rude but everyone else was pretty nice! 😊
- lizaherlands_Your hair!!!
- rebecca.jacobsI am so thrilled to read that! @chicitymom (minus the elderlies!) I feel like I rarely encounter tourists in my area, but I am inspired to keep an open eye when I return to see who I can help out! I hope you enjoyed Montreal! 🤗
- rebecca.jacobsAwe 🤗 I recently got it cut a bit if that's what you're noticing, you are super observant! @lizaherlands_
- rebecca.jacobsThank you, m'dear! 💛 @drawdressdream
- zoelinda_Loving the hair Rebecca!
- the_badass_womanLove your stuff. 👊 Let's connect! 😃
- when_skies_aara_grayLove your feed, your style, the colors, and your HAIR. 👌
- rebecca.jacobsaw I am so flattered! @zoelinda_ 🤗
- rebecca.jacobsThat is so kind of you to say! @lsahami So glad you're here!
- daniela.freitassYour hair is perfect.
Log in to like or comment.