lilysageandco#tiger togs season - is it only Australians that use the term togs? #fabric is from #spoonflower but only available for three more months! So far I'm very impressed with their #sportslycra - it's worn way better than another brand of swimsuit fabric I've been using.
#summer #swimsuit #swimsuitsewing #summersewing #selfdrafted #imakefashion #isew #sewingblogger #fabricdesign
- ziehlstudio😊 haven't heard of togs @lilysageandco ( I'm in Canada) but in Saskatchewan where am from we say bunnyhug instead of hoodie... Is very regional 😂✌🏽️💕🍁
- rubymurraysmusingsIn England we say cozzie short for swimming costume.
- domestic_sirenTogs is mostly used in NZ I think you've been influenced ;-)
- lilysageandco@domestic_siren I've used togs since I was a child - popular terminology on the Gold Coast - could be looking at another pavlova situation 😉
- kaitceteraI've never heard the term togs! And I was just wishing yesterday that Spoonflower printed swimwear. Good to know!
- mbklattI've seen this fabric previously but it's always w tiger head at the midriff. I'd like to see tiger head higher up closer to neck maybe off center. I might need to do this myself.
- lilysageandco@rubymurraysmusings I remember my Polish neighbors introduced me to the term cozzies when I was a child 😀
- boncourage_sewsDefinitely a kiwi thing @lilysageandco, and about that pavlova...
- boncourage_sewsMy brissy partner calls them swimmers. So weird
- _indefinitearticle_I thought togs was a NSW term - in Vic we usually say bathers or cozzies; WA is, I think, similar
- louhousegoTogs is definitely NSW but fading out
- lilysageandco@louhousego @_indefinitearticle_ Since GC is on the border of NSW perhaps I was influenced by the NSW swimming crew 😀
- sewjillianI've lived in Sydney my whole life and never used "togs". Always cossie or swimmers!
- handmadebycarolynYes, it's always been "bathers" in WA
- louhousegoI suspect it's a generational thing @sewjillian as I am probably a wee bit older than you. I love the word and keep it in use!
- _indefinitearticle_@sewjillian - yes, I forgot about swimmers! Always sounded weird to my Melbourne ears 😊
- sheerblacksewingIs the print only available for three months? Or the sport Lycra? I'm so close to getting some for bathers for myself!
- lilysageandcoJust the print @sheerblacksewing
- sheerblacksewing@lilysageandco thanks!
Log in to like or comment.