sobeautifullyreal💫💫 Vegan Galaxy Donuts ✨✨This is as far as my procrastination took me today - making galactic treats for my sick boyfriend 😷) Simple Donut Recipe:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raw cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract with seeds
1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
1/4 cup vegan margarine (Nuttelex or Earthbalance)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 and grease a donut tray.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. Mix together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and let it sit for a few minutes until it thickens.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the soy milk, vanilla, flaxseed (the egg replacer) and margarine over a low heat until the butter has just melted (Do not let it boil/simmer)
5. Combine both wet and dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
6. Using a teaspoon, spoon the mixture evenly into the donut holes, flattening out with your finger for best results.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. They are done once they have firmed up and a toothpick comes out clean (they don't need to 'brown')
8. Pop them out of the moulds and then allow to cool completely before icing.
2-3 tbsp melted coconut oil
2-3 tbsp soy milk
1 2/3 - 2 cups powdered sugar
Vegan natural food dye (Red and Blue)
1. Whisk together the melted coconut oil and soy milk and slowly begin to whisk in the powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Adjust liquids if you need to.
2. To achieve the 'galaxy' effect: (This is quite hard to explain, but if you've ever done marbling as a kid using coloured dye it is essentially the same thing)
3. Using small separate bowls I worked with a little bit of icing at a time and I simply dispersed drops of vegan friendly food dye around the white icing, swirling with a spoon. Adjust the colours/saturation as you'd like.
4. Simply dip and twirl a donut halfway into the icing and gently slide it out and you'll get that 'galaxy effect' ;)
5. Dusted with vegan edible food glitter.
Inspired by @h.rebel ✨
- jakemolotov@amandaamp how cool is this!!
- saira.aghaAmazing... let's do a piece in #DailyTimes like an interview or something
- emma8bean@courtneypool thought of you :) 💫
- courtneypoolOmg @emma8bean this is like my dream come true!!
- courtneypool@the_plan_juicecoach check these out!!
- the_plan_juicecoach@courtneypool OH GOD
- emma8bean@courtneypool shes in Melbourne!! Your dream may come true?
- courtneypool@emma8bean if I was there I'd be like give me 5000 please!
- emma8bean@courtneypool lol you would have to buy a new suitcase JUST to bring back donuts. Maybe she delivers and you can order from Queensland!
- courtneypool@emma8bean she can just beam them to me since they're galactic donuts tho right?
- emma8bean@courtneypool yes she would have to, since my suggestion made no logical sense... I got too excited lol
- courtneypool@emma8bean 😂🌌
- cassaclismic10Can I ask what kind of vegan/edible glitter you used? I found some on Amazon and want to order but it got a bad review! I'm going to make these. 💫😬🍩💜
- s_putnam@rachel_may28 They look so good!! 😍
- rachel_may28@s_putnam yummmmmm!!!
- monica.candelaria@sobeautifullyreal just saw this nvm! Thanks
Log in to like or comment.