ldschurch"Not long ago, the Church published photos and background information on seer stones. People have asked me, “Do you really believe that Joseph Smith translated with seer stones? How would something like this be possible?” And I answer, “Yes! That is exactly what I believe.” This was done as Joseph said: by the gift and power of God.
"In reality, most of us use a kind of “seer stone” every day. My mobile phone is like a “seer stone.” I can get the collected knowledge of the world through a few little inputs. I can take a photo or a video with my phone and share it with family on the other side of our planet. I can even translate anything into or from many different languages!
"If I can do this with my phone, if human beings can do this with their phones or other devices, who are we to say that God could not help Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration, with his translation work? If it is possible for me to access the knowledge of the world through my phone, who can question that seer stones are impossible for God?
"Many religions have objects, places, and events that are sacred to them. We respect the sacred beliefs of other religions and hope to be respected for our own beliefs and what is sacred to us. We should never be arrogant, but rather polite and humble. We still should have a natural confidence, because this is the Church of Jesus Christ." —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- jermdelsom@beep_er @femboost @nattatatta Oh God
- arringtownMy thoughts exactly
- jaredsholmes@rileyolsen92 omg luv dis
- femboost@nattatatta @beep_er @jermdelsom The sad thing is that he's serious.
- thesensibletypeLove this!!!
- kir_olsenSo many things wrong with this @rileyolsen92
- daltonmusgrave@hoxonlox he makes a good point
- heathercannondcLove this.
- debra_holmVery good reasoning!
- perlaramirezz@wendyhyugaa 😏
- jordanhyundaiKing Saul consulted the Urim (or seer stone) in 1 Samuel 28:6 but because he was unrighteous it was silent. King David inquired of the Lord through the priest's Ephod which had 12 stones fastened to it and possibly a breastplate with a Urim in 1 Samuel 30:7-8 and the Lord told him he would be victorious in battle. The seer stones are very much like the Liahona; when the person using it is righteous, the Lord can reveal written directions and visuals that are plain to the understanding of men. And by simple means the Lord can show forth marvelous works.
- drown_cSo grateful for that explanation. It really makes so much sense!
- ldsdailybreadIt's so easy to understand in this context
- gladysbertuleitNuestra Padre Celestial posee toda Inteligencia.Lo que afirma Elder Uchtdorf es sencillo de entender
- phil4386I love to hear the testimony of others. Thanks for sharing.
- brentmerrellThat was the perfect thing for me to read today. It is so true
Log in to like or comment.