davey_gravyLoughheed House is one of my new favourite places in the Beltline. Since being built in 1891, the building has been home to Senator James Lougheed, a training centre for women, a military barracks and a blood donor clinic. I toured inside the building, but was drawn to the large property it sits on. The grounds are well maintained, especially the gardens. This is a perfect spot to have a picnic, enjoy the evening light, or just escape the hustle and bustle of 17th Ave.
Another secret for the #instafaceoff of the @southwestalberta Circle Tours. I was challenged to go head to head with @daxjustin to find secrets in my region. Stay tuned this weekend to see what I find at Lougheed House (@lougheedhouse) and Fort Calgary (@fortcalgary).
#socality #socalitycalgary #vsco #earthofficial #huffpostgram #natgeo #camp #wildernessculture #mygsom #liveauthentic #livefolk #earthpics #nature #fashion #discoverearth #wonderful_places #liveadventurously #light #explorealberta #ourplanetdaily #forgeyourownpath #love #mountains #thisismycommunity #sonyalpha #ig_naturelovers #explorecanada
- daxjustinWicked shot. 👊
- kevingrayinteriorsIt's a great building @davey_gravy. We've been involved for the past 8 years or so with the house and its history is a fascinating study. Lots of very world-famous people of the day were hosted by the lougheed family and Calgary's early history was formed in that place. And senator lougheed received a knighthood and became Sir James and his wife lady Isabella for his initiative to rehabilitate 1st world war soldiers long before we called it PTSD. They also have a fascinating archive of records.
- christineannpopeI love picnicking here!! It's so close to my work!
- davey_gravy@scottcbakken Home is where the glory is
- davey_gravy@daxjustin Thanks bud, back at you!
- davey_gravy@jonathanzoeteman Oh, muscles!
- davey_gravy@christineannpope Right!!! It's the place to be, it's like the eye of the hurricane
- its_dr.bobThis post is good
- fortcalgaryBeautiful shot!!
- milayayayHi! Is there an entrance fee?
Log in to like or comment.