nunobettencourtofficialBillboard Awards PART 1 of 2
I don't know about anyone else... But when I sit down to watch an awards show I except the usual elements of what makes up music award shows 101. Performances with BIG screens with lots of content. LOTS of props. LOTS of dancers. Majority of artists lip syncing, calculated unemotional tributes, and awkwardly forced artist collaborations.
And I don't say that like its a bad thing. It's a show to ENTERTAIN us.
And it is... Entertaining.
But it's the norm, and what we've come to expect.
Having said that, I do sit and watch with the hope and my love for music that someone, even just One performer, will give us something that is pure. One will abandon the Spectacle of it all, and be brave enough to do the One thing that we all desperately crave... To simply... be touched.
That they get so deeply lost in their words and their song, that we have no choice but to go with them on their journey. We get to experience absolute bliss and escape from all of life's problems. All is good with the world, at least for those 4 important minutes.
That happened for me last night. And I have to say that I already knew, as do you, that this woman has always delivered her fair share of great performances.
But tonight, her surrender as a celebrity to her Art, which most aren't willing to do, allowed her to be carried into a different stratosphere. A higher energy, that is even bigger than her own stardom.
Yes, we all know she can sing and pull off a beautiful ballad. Yes, we all know she can wow us with a killer attitude driven production number. But when she opened her mouth last night, that wasn't just her voice coming out, it was her heart and her soul. She went to that place where we all watch in awe and wonder... what is it like there.
We know it takes a career, and she was already on that path, but Last night, Rihanna arrived as a true Artist. It's as if she finally said... I'm not here to please you... I'm here for me. But I'll let you in.
And she did... let us in.
And Im not afraid to admit that I teared up during her performance. I was emotionally sucker punched.
Part 1 of 2... @badgalriri #rihanna #billboards2016
- cindymariepainYes. I do agree. We are all in awe when a heartfelt pure performance is rendered instead of all the added distractions that are purely for entertainment. Everything is too commercialized and not added to simply enhance a performance but overpower it leading to a circus show where everyone on stage is a puppet for a dollar.
- rhettrophilia@naviheaux 👍🏾👍🏾❤️💅🏾👑
- thediz13This is so true! @kisegrl @jndjewell
- loveangels26@nunobettencourtofficial so beautifully stated Nuno!! She was absolutely amazing last night! She sang from the bottom of her heart! I had chills listening to hear to sing. She's an incredible singer.
- mistydawnmarienuno777Sorry missed it , I didn't have the tv on! Powerful word's! Thanks for speaking your truth!
- lisaepleyU get me every time u speak from inside to your heart.
- badgalgemaWow Nuno😢 what beautiful things you said
- helenefinsasPowerful @nunobettencourtofficial and so true. Thank you!
- ignatzfleeglemanJust another singer. There are 1000 just like her who didn't make it
- luci.britonascimentoVocê tocou com mais emoção @nunobettencourtofficial purple rain isto ficou nitido por que você é um verdadeiro fan eu vi a performace dela e ela é apenas uma boa atriz a performace da madonna foi melhor porque? é o que realmente ela estava sentindo ela o conheceu viveu a mesma época curtiu as músicas assim como você e eu que também participei da era revoluiton prince sim foi o único e o verdadeiro artista nothing compares!!
- racheldegenovapowerful words
- crissdoublecrossI thought it was a prince cover... She out done her self wit this juan
- grandlionessbeautiful words ❤️
- iamaddisonscottAmen brother. Amen
- twinkle2401Omg i absolutely agree, can't add or take away well said
- kenwaliBeautiful reverent acknowledgement . Thanks for reminding us why we really do this <3
Log in to like or comment.