kylaromaCan we talk about how perfect is overrated? This time last year was tough. I was six months into being a business strategist, my generalized anxiety disorder intensified and then I found out why: I also have bipolar disorder II. PERFECT. 😬
I needed to let some time pass to process things, and to hang out with my therapist, but when @fireandwindco asked me to be part of #theimperfectboss I knew I had a good one!
I know how lucky I am that my bipolar disorder is mild. I feel guilty that other people aren't as lucky. I also don't want to talk about it a bunch and be "the crazy business coach"... but I also don't want to hide exactly who I am & where I've been. With a lot of work, tears & laughter, this year my business is booming & this is my husband's first week working with me full time. So screw being perfect, bulletproof, airbrushed & obsessed with our brands. Let's be ourselves, make a ruckus and be together while we can. Who's with me? 😘
- thetessblankenshipYay for making a ruckus!
- kylaroma@_soverve Aw, 20SB was the best! It's always so good to find another old timey blogger 👯 Thanks lovely!
- kylaroma@thetessblankenship Here here, Tess!
- kylaroma@suzannewithaz I'm thankful you're feeling better, Suzanne, and I'm so honored to have been a tiny part of that. It's amazing that this big Internet & world we can have little connections that start the dominos falling. ❤️
- kylaroma@sarahmariep Thanks Sarah! I'm sorry to hear about your sister, that's incredibly tough. When I first learned about the idea of insight it blew my mind how being aware of the problem isn't a given. The mind is so complicated. I hope you're taking care of yourself! Being around that can be really triggering & challenging. ❤️
- stillpixelsYou're rad, lady! Keeping doing it 👊
- coachbrightside_Good for you!!!!! Love the transparency!
- sarahmariepKyla, thank you so much for your sweet message. It means more than you know! 💗 xoxo
- rebecca.jacobsAw this is beautiful. Love that you shared this + I know it reached others to help them feel less alone!
- sincerespacesYou are such an inspiration, Kyla. And I'm over the moon to call you my business coach. You have helped me gain more progress in one month than I've been able to achieve on my own in one year. And because of your challenges and how authentic you are, I can relate to you on a deeper level...so yeah, screw perfect!
- mariejewels.grI just love love love imperfections !!!... I struggled with anxiety and being perfect issues most of my childhood years...thank God I matured and get therapist help and I am now balanced enough to just love the real me with all my imperfections...and others people too!!!...so much more exciting everything that's real!!!..stay true!!✌🏻️✌🏻✌🏻💞💞
- charlottelailaThis is the reason I'm following you!! Super rad of you to speak out. xo I have Borderline Personality Disorder and depression. Being my own boss has helped me a ton with the anxiety of it all #CreativeEntrepreneurs
- danielleadairz❤❤❤ love this on so many levels. Here's to ending the mental health stigma and creating our own success!
- back2basics_krisWhile being perfect is impossible - being real (with ALL that this in tales) happens all the time
- theauthenticgirlHey @kylaroma. I interviewed Ashley for my blog, about #theimperfectboss movement. Can I use your image in my blog post please?
- kylaroma@theauthenticgirl absolutely! Thank you for letting me know, I'd love to share it out too! ❤️
- mallierydzikHolla, just rolling through this hashtag. Year 4 now as a business coach and I decided from the beginning to own it as (legitimately diagnosed/medicated/in treatment) OCD and chronically depressed. Thanks for sharing!!!
- jwileyphotographySo inspired! I admire your courage for sharing this 👊🏼
Log in to like or comment.