heatherbaysThis picture here of 3 year old me sitting on my nan's lap across from my mum is the only picture I have of myself as a child with my mother. If you have been following along for a while you probably know that I have a handful of childhood photos. I cherish every single one of them. They each hold a pretty big story. This one here is epic! This is the moment my mother's life, along with mine and my brother's life was about to change drastically. My mum sits here incredibly anxious smoking her last cigarette on British land. We are about to board a plane with just a couple suitcases. She left everything behind. Pictures included. More importantly she was leaving behind her friends, her family, and the life that she'd always known because she took a moment of opportunity to escape her abuser. It's a long story, and it was not easy to say the least! But because of my mother's courageous move, we are here in Canada! I don't know what my life would have turned out like had she stayed, but I am certain it wouldn't have been good. It wouldn't have been good because I'm not sure my mother would have survived. She was wasting away at this point but thankfully she has always been good at out smarting people. She may be little, but she's so tough. Like, seriously, I wouldn't mess with her.
Happy Mother's Day Mum! I love you so damn much. I miss having tea with you, but I'm glad I can still call you instead of using google! Honestly, I just called her yesterday because I found aphids on one of my plants! Problem solved. Thanks Mum!
- heatherbays#happymothersday #1985 #mothersday #my_365_mom #wheniwasyoung #mamabear #womenempoweringwomen #myhero #torontomoms #momtogs #UniteinMotherHood #clickinmoms #momswithcameras #childhoodunplugged #littleandbrave #letthembelittle #nothingisordinary #liveauthentic #inbeautyandchaos #cameramama #ourcandidlife #thesincerestoryteller #jj_emotional #mom_hub #documentyourdays #mothermag #featurememozi
- heatherbays@themartinbunch Right?! Her whole life until she was 16 was bonkers. She barely had a childhood. I'm glad she fled so my brother and I could have one. Moms! Just the best! 💗
- carrielynntanner❤️ this
- heatherbays@carrielynntanner 😊😘
- danishmaidWow!!! What a great story!
- heatherbays@danishmaid thank you! I'm glad it has a very happy ending! 💗✨
- heatherbays@aurorananas 😊
- shimoThat story is amazing! <3
- kmledfordWow! What an amazing story and woman. She is so strong!
- heatherbays@shimo @kmledford I don't know how she did all this with two toddlers. People can choose to do really extraordinary things when life hands them lemons! I'm so glad my mum got the strength and made the best lemonade. She's now a foster mum to so many! She's one of the most reputable foster homes in Manitoba! She helps so many children and I think it's because she's been through it all so she can really empathize and understand and relate. She really made the right decision to flee her past. And in doing so, she's given so many people a better life, including herself. 💖 Thanks for reading! Happy Mother's Day!!
- carolpoitrasphotographyWow. What an amazing story and picture to go with it. I love hearing about strong women, the world is built on strong women.
- andrea.mclarenThis is absolutely incredible. 💛
- heatherbays@carolpoitrasphotography Thank you. And amen!! 💖
- firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Log in to like or comment.