brenontheroadI turn 30 today.
I remember during my last year of working as an accountant, my birthday fell on a Friday. My workmates covered my desk in glittery stuff as per usual and kept saying how lucky I was that my birthday had fallen on a Friday. I'd get to go out and party later. I guess that was our idea of luck back then.
I didn't think much of my life during those years, but when I look back now I see all my blessings. I look back on my twenties and I feel proud. At 24 I walked away from the corporate ladder to take on this mission of learning about our world. I was forced to trust myself to follow my heart and my instincts. There was no trodden path to follow. But I did it. It's a pretty amazing journey I found myself on. It's been awesome to share it with you all, too.
When I was 21, I was absolutely convinced that by 30 I would've lost all my hair, would be a millionaire and be working as a trader on Wall Street. Things didn't quite work out that way.
Today at 30 I'm a millionaire in memories, did my farewell walk on Wall Street, still have some hair, and instead of a lucky Friday in the office I'm spending a lucky Saturday on the #Camino with my family in Spain. This walking 1 million km in circles Camino shit is driving me nuts, but of course I know it's a blessing to be here with all my limbs and people I love. My life is full and there is nothing for me to ask for today. That is my idea of luck now.
I actually had a big blog post planned today but I'm badly organised and laptopless in the middle of nowhere. It's coming though. I'd also love to stay and chat but I gotta sleep. Another zillion miles to walk tomorrow.
When my feet heal I'll be exploring solo again and it's gonna be an awesome year. I'm ready to ring the thirties in big for 2016. I hope you'll keep tagging along.
Love to my beautiful Mum and Dad, my bros, my friends and my family and my readers for 30 years of love and adventure. Millionaires in memories and this train keeps on rolling. I don't plan on stopping the ride any time soon. Until the m@#&%(f#*%×n' wheels come off.
- elodiehyBrendon, 祝你生日快乐! A very very happy birthday to you dear friend 🎂🎂. I hope you are taking good care of yourself. I like to read your writings full of good sense, make me want to travel as you do 😊 hope my english is not that bad hahaha, enjoy your 30yo party 😉 🎉
- adelleylouiseHappy Birthday! Keep those feet going. You're inspiring us all in the process. Looking forward to your next read. Hope you celebrate in the meantime 😀🎉🎉🎂
- rachelkoester29Happy birthday!!!!🎉🎁🎊🎈
- jimo_hI turned 30 yesterday! High five for batch 86!
- brenontheroadThx yall
- charlie.the.uniqueornGreat post! Joyeux anniversaire!
- email@example.com merci 😃
Log in to like or comment.