sammyandbellaofficial🍸 MEXICAN WEEK: Would you eat insects? Would you eat ants eggs?
The little things in this pic are called #escamoles, aka #antseggs, and are a delicacy in Mexico.
I ate them at an amazing #michellinstarred restaurant in Mexico City called @pujolrestaurant. The texture is kind of like caviar, they pop in your mouth to release a lovely savoury creamy liquid that tastes kind of like a veal broth veloute. Sort of buttery and nutty at the same time.
The little ants eggs are harvested from the roots of the Agave, and are about the size and shape of tic tacs.
#mexico #mexican #mexicanfood #mexicancuisine #mkr #mykitchenrules #masterchefau #mexicancooking #mexicanrecipe #escamol
- megannskitchenLooks like some cute little peas in a pod!!! Or not... 🐜🐞🕷🙈🙊🙉
- sacdugarconBut why, I have the worst phobia of ants. All I can think about is standing in an ant mound and being consumed alive in millions of ants. But this dish sounds so tasty!
- snubiedotcomIll try anything once!
- wichovillanuevaEscamoles 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- xiggyyyEscamoles! 😍👍👏👏👏
- almaorvelWoow thanks a lot this is Real Mexican Food! Congrats!!!
- oso.golosoLove your page!
- alysiasartstudio@sammyandbellaofficial no, I wish I could... But I just can't :(
- kreaterojasLooks delicious
- zaphtikCouldn't eat the eggs. I'm vegetarian. But I'll eat the greens they come with.
Log in to like or comment.