kennywayneshepherdI guess we lost another amazing musician yesterday as well. RIP Lonnie Mack. He was a blazing guitarist and influential to many. He played with my band years ago. I wish we had video of it. Thanks for the music Lonnie. #RIP
- 899riderRIP Lonnie
- melinda_cleveland@kennywayneshepherd Yesterday was indeed a terrible in music😢😢😢#RIPLonnie Thank you for the music🎸🎼❣🌹🌹🌹#gonebutneverforgotten
- triplej118@kennywayneshepherd Saw him join your band one night in Nashville in '99. What a freakin night. #RIPLonnie #Wham!
- ericcfriedmanGeez 😟
- c_kelly22I wonder if he passed away hearing about Prince... I know we all almost did
- njwbosOne of Stevie's main guys...😇
- aishookNo really?! Man they are dropping like flies.
- silverking50Whattttttttt? #oreocookieblues
- rollinggatortideToo many greats leaving us. Lonnie lived a long life and played with the legends. We should all be so fortunate. RIP LONNIE
- lovenevereverdiesRIP Lonnie
- scottkcooperTough day.
- elnell56Oh, I am so sorry. I enjoyed his music.
- nutman12So sad, love that cd with SRV!
- harryjoyceusaAnother amazing talent gone.
- tsdoddHoly mack! I didn't know! Wow! What a loss of a day! I'm still numb :-(...
- davaantenR.I.P :(
- jimpanderAlso Percy Sledge! A bad day for music
- rjmoylanPercy Sledge died more than a year ago.
- dgarland9My father played in a band (The Classics) with Lonnie, when Lonnie was 16 years old. Cincinnati, Hamilton Ohio.
When I was about 9, I was starting to play around with the guitar and my Dad took me to see Lonnie at a club in Covington Ky. That would have been about 1971. He was loud and awesome. After the show, Dad took me back to see him. I guess they had this worked out ahead of time but Lonnie asked me a few questions about what I was playing and gave me a Fender Jazzmaster! He told me that the guitar was as old as I was. I saw him a few years ago at the Blue Note in Cincy. Still solid and loud and awesome. Say hi to my Dad Lonnie, I know he will be glad to see you. RIP
Log in to like or comment.