jeredgruber“Always keep riding. You’re going to come across something today - something is going to go wrong. Try to keep the morale high, just keep going. There’s always someone else who has had a puncture or a bike change. You can come back a lot in this race. Stuey O’Grady is a great example of that. He was in the early break, had a puncture, thought his race was over, and he won Paris-Roubaix. Keep believing. Keep riding. It’s not over until you get to the velodrome." - Mathew Hayman ahead of his incredible Roubaix victory.
Check out our latest Strava Story (link in bio) and don't miss the @orica_greenedge Backstage Pass.
It gave me goosebumps a hundred times over. My piece pales next to the Backstage Pass - one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time.
Long live the underdog - long live sheer joy.
- twanfrombruges@jeredgruber That's an awesome shot!
- jufemaizYep, @orica_greenedge nailed the video for Mat! Their backstage passes are always insightful and fun but this one was an all time homage to one of their senior champions and leaders.
- jufemaiz@beardmcbeardy you're in there somewhere right?
- theseaandtheskyGreat photo :)
- alexbumpersAwesome awesome. @ballergabe watch the backstage pass video. Gave me goosebumps.
- awainandroidWow, Nice!!
- hendriksteytlerphotographyWow man. U always have the right shot and angle! What lens did you use here @jeredgruber 70-200? Do you use canon or nikon gear?
- stephen_p_kAnd @ashleygruber is (in the photo) shooting from the opposite direction?! Teamwork, makes all the difference
- bwalsh1983All true, a hugely emotional win. Every now and again sport produces something that elevates it and Sunday was one of those for a sport that has had its ups and downs like no other. The backstage pass is incredible, pure joy. Something worth watching also the an post/kurt boeghard video from the 2013 TOB when Sam Bennet won, pure emotion in that one!
- alex_gm_rose@bensmorrow @samwise_foster
- jobrienauAlways keep riding, just keep riding.
- ecnico15These are the race stories we can take inspiration from, a truly special classic which had all the characteristic drama and more. A humble rider won the day and said "things like this don't happen!" His 3rd win in 17 years as a pro. And the Backstage Pass. I cried. Twice
- southernhoax@ecnico15 yep chills and tears. Amazing.
- capturehappyThanks @matt4thatt
- bikebumbThe contrast from Hayman to Boonen. Wow.
- jaredg29Yeah backstage pass video as always was incredible, what a race!
- cianoreilly92@darmcmahon The pump is real!
Log in to like or comment.