eugenerichardsphotographyIt was a steamy summer day in Brooklyn in 1993 when I passed by this family. I was tired out from a photo assignment, on the way to the train. I kept walking, thinking in my head that the family wouldn't be welcoming, that they would shy away. But I turned around, realizing how beautiful they all were, and went back. Turns out, everyone was friendly, splashing me with water, going about enjoying themselves.
As part of our ongoing relationship with CUNY School of Journalism, I will be teaching a Master Class titled "A Way of Seeing," June 20th to the 24th.
#photojournalism #photography #documentary #nyc #workshop #storytelling #masterclass #streetphoto
- kauanamilozo@razec_peres sabia que ia pirar hahahah. Tem muito uma liguagem sua essa imagem
- razec_peres@kauanamilozo deixe de ser linda! ♡
- parkerd__6021Tough to choose a favorite (is that even the right word for a lifetime of such compelling work?) photograph of yours Mr. Richards. However, this image is up there. A strong image makes the mind work and there's so much going on here. 👍🏼
- paulkatcherOne of my favorite photos from one of my favorite all-time photographers. The stories behind the shots make them that more compelling. Thank you.
- drinckxOne of the best. As you often deal with tough subject matter, the sense of joy in this photograph really stands out.
- danidaeppenVery dynamic picture full of life! As the sign says: Stop - to take the moment. You did!
- matt_wongAmazing job
- jennyedwardsphotoRecently I was looking at this picture with a youth participant From Dorchester at Artistic Noise. She smiled and said " just like my mom."
- iphoneartgirlYour way of seeing changed my entire life, Gene
- bretenglanderAlways been one of my favorite photos
- loribarraAlways one of my favorites
- f_kindiPicture with heart, great shot 👍🏼
- richgilligan@petrialenehan x
- a_blue_fireWonderful 🙏🙏💎💎
- feldmoneAny upcoming workshops?
- sayfromage4meI love this photo. I confess, I hide behind my zoom. No one knows I'm there. I can get so close, you would think I was merely steps away but, really, I'm across the street, behind a tree. I am awed by photographers, like you, who have the ability to make yourself known. ❤️❤️❤️
Log in to like or comment.