metmuseumOpening to the public Thursday, “#ManusxMachina: Fashion in an Age of Technology” presents a series of case studies to unravel the realties and mythologies of the hand/machine conundrum. The exhibition features a series of rooms based on traditional métiers of the haute couture, including embroidery, featherwork, artificial flowers, pleating, lacework, and leatherwork, which will be presented alongside versions that incorporate innovative processes, such as 3D printing, computer modeling, bonding and laminating, laser cutting, and ultrasonic welding.
Be among the first to see the exhibition during @MetMembers Previews tomorrow and Wednesday. Join today at metmuseum.org/join
From left to right: Madame Grès (Alix Barton) (French, 1903–1993). Evening dresses, 1968 and ca. 1935, haute couture. Iris van Herpen (Dutch, born 1984) Ensemble Spring/summer 2010, haute couture. #TheMet #CostumeInstitute #MetGala
- thechickfixThe one to the furthest right!!!!
- gechmech@janetkjd love it!! TY!
- tracingtracesayyyy @darealkimshady
- muffinsformiles@museumgoingladies if I could buy you that top on the right.
- jubeedeeAaaaaw nice @sasadoringo i like#the bagsak! 😍
- veraprd@misstibaldi ho visto ieri il pezzo *.* goditi la City anche per me! Still miss it.
- leolicosWhoa! That is pretty awesome! I'd love to see this exhibit! @aleksandradee
- carly.tk@annacatalinadel uhmm can we go?
- annacatalinadelYESSS @carly.tk
- _loriannp@elenalecce @beccerson let's set our next date. It's until August 🤗🤗. Maybe early June?
- beccerson@_loriannp @elenalecce i'm down!
- elenalecce@_loriannp @beccerson ditto!
- n.dannunzio@ldannunz we have untill August to see this! Let's not miss another one
- itsmagcMiren @joshynm @giulizea @rrhcouture... Esto debe ser increíble!
Log in to like or comment.