realheidipowellRuby's new favorite fruit!😍 To my mommy/daddy/nanny friends: Don't get discouraged if your kiddos don't like fruits and veggies quite yet! I know, I know...we tend to blame ourselves and feel like inadequate parents when we see other kids eating their nutrient-packed foods with ease. Hopefully it gives you comfort to know that MY KIDDOS STRUGGLE too!! Tip that has worked *wonders* for our family: if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try again. And again. And again, if needed.😉 Believe it or not, I actually takes their newly-developing palettes 5-6 exposures to acquire a taste and begin to like certain flavors. We include fruits, veggies and new foods at almost every one of our kiddos meals...even if they didn't like it last time they tried it! Eventually, they'll eat them...and like them! Overtime, your littles will develop a taste for the foods you want them to eat too. TRUST ME.❤️🍆🍓🍇🍍🍠🌽🍐🍊 #FitFamily #KidsHealth #PowellPack
- x_dianalynn_xThanks for the advice! My toddler has become a picky eater & it's a hassle to get him to eat different veggies. He'll eat every kind of fruit all day though.
- lowercarb.viviana@maddieewolfe @realheidipowell I was wondering the same thing!😃Does this work for adults, too?
- denverlaneShe's perfect !
- bugsyrobertsIf there is one thing I've done right is my 2 year old eating habits. She will take tomatoes& fruit over candy any day. I should take some lessons
- skyymyersGrill it and stick a fork in it... Best treat.
- lizwlaneSo cute! It also helps if they grow it themselves. Gardens🍓
- daveymikelgreyOr roasted in the oven
- mrs_cmccabeNEEDED this today! Thank you for this post💜
- essentiallyandiI've actually talked to a researcher on childhood nutrition once and she said it takes up to 20 times of exposure to a food. Cooked in different ways or different textures is a big factor I guess too. There is hope!
- deeannghansenUgh... Any tips on actually getting them to TRY IT?!?!? Mine just look at it and say "no!" It could be a doughnut in a different shape. I could say a million times, "it's a doughnut, you'll love it!" And they still refuse. It's so hard to get them to TRY new things...
- ashmadsen5Yes @deeannghansen ! The struggle! I put it on their plates every meal-- and unless I make them sit for hours and gag it down screaming-- they won't even try
- mollieherrey@joelherrey we need to be better at this!
- ruthykendallGreat advice! I have found this to be so true. Keep trying!
- staceyhiterHow do you encourage your 3 almost 4 yr old to at least try it. My daughter won't try it. Occasionally she will eat an apple, banana, green beans are her only fruits and veggies. I made all her baby food ad an infant, and she loved everything from squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, any fruit and now I am so frustrated with how picky she has become. It's hard, the struggle is real! Any tips & advice appreciated. TIA
- elexhzzChe bella è stupenda 😍❤
- cori_fitCutest little Ruby!
- littleladies_boutiqueShe is so beautiful momma ❤️
Log in to like or comment.