steph.gaudreauJust stop for a second and think about the words bombarding you on an average day from the health & fitness marketing space:
Skinny ______ (insert recipe name here)
Cleanses (because you must be dirty)
Shrink your _____ (insert body part here)
Slim down (because size, and not quality of life / health is most important)
No pain, no gain
I could go on, but you get the point.
These messages – and a majority of what's directed at us as women – come from a place of fear.
Fear that we aren't enough, we're broken, and there's something wrong with us. The illusion that if we could just fix the parts we don't like, we'll be happy.
(Nearly) everything marketed to you is done in a way that prods you to act out of fear. Fear of failure. Fear of rejection. Fear of isolation.
Be present to the messages that cause you to act. Start thinking. Are you motivated out of a place of fear or hate? Or is it a place of love?
It's time to wake up and be aware. It's time to question the status quo. Be intentional with the media messages you consume and start opting OUT of fear-mongering.
- lllamapantsThank you for this 💙💖💚💜👯💪🏽
- aturney15So powerful and so true! Thank you!
- girlwiththehipsterglassesLove this photo and this message!!!! 🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️
- madebymiaxoYou are one of very few people on instagram who actually make me feel proud about being and woman and enough as I am, right now.
- maria_phot0Love this so much. Thank you for the post.
- jenmullholandcfyogaOMG yes! You rock 💪🏽❤️
- kategalliettI like you a lot. And I like this photo a lot.💛
- whitney.huerterEverything that comes out of your mouth is just gold. :)
- ameijnderts@ekemperink Dit.
- brookiecookie_liftsThis!!!! 💯
- grrrl_clothingThis post is freakin Amazing Steph!! 👊🏽💯💣💣💣💣💣💣 THANK YOU GRRRL #RealTalk
- steph.gaudreau@grrrl_clothing love y'all! 😘💪🏻
- vitamindee1299% of women's magazines. Sickening.
- email@example.com I really REALLY really love you for writing this. Since listening to a good portion of the women's strength summit, I have been steadily noticing more and more that I fall into patterns of thinking that neither serve me, nor hold any real validity. My worth and value are not tied to what I look like, and if someone asked me if I thought they were, I'd clearly say no. Yet, my internal thought patterns seem to fall more in line with the opposite rationale that the media has sold me. Women like you are necessary in the world right now - spreading these good words. Thank you for all that you do ❤️
- ekemperink@ameijnderts spot on 👌 (sadly enough)
- jenn_kindersley_realtor@beckygreenan 🙌🏻
- beckygreenanLove!!! @jennimclean
- sprygirladventuresBeautiful @laudahl thank you! ❤️
Log in to like or comment.