sammyandbellaofficial🐣 POLISH EASTER: This is a very traditional Polish easter bread (well... it;s so good that people eat it every day!). It's called #chalka (pronounced how-kah), and the brioche-like dough is braided with 4 sections.
Not only is this a traditional Polish Catholic bread, but also a Polish Jewish bread. You can pick it up in specialty grocers and supermarkets across the county on Fridays (it's normally baked for the Sabbath).
- sammyandbellaofficial#easter #
polishtradition #mkr #mykitchenrules #masterchefau #sammyandbella #chalka #challah #brioche
- taejcutmoresmithYummy 👌
- ilanit.fAlso in Hebrew called Challah☺ Very delicious. Sweet Challah is amazing as well😊
- the_ginger_nutritionistWhat a great post for a Friday. Shabbath Shalom from Israel.
- simplyirrebristibleBeautiful! @dubbybee
- dubbybeeAww... Yum!!😋😂@simplyirrebristible
- melissa_bainYum 😍
- skiwi_girlThat looks exactly like Zopf, which is a traditional plaited bread in Switzerland 😊 I had no idea it was so common in Poland too. It's delish, love it!!!
- sammyandbellaofficial@upenresh @taejcutmoresmith @simplyirrebristible @dubbybee @melissa_bain did you gets to eat chalka for Easter?
- email@example.com oh wow! It's so cool when you realize how many countries share dishes in Europe... We love Swiss food too!
- firstname.lastname@example.org @the_ginger_nutritionist Shabbat shalom from sydney!
- taejcutmoresmithSure did! After tasting it at polish friends ...I finally had a crack at making it 😊😍 #superdelicious @sammyandbellaofficial
- sammyandbellaofficial@taejcutmoresmith do you live in sydney? You can also cheat and buy it from supermarkets in the eastern suburbs on Fridays 😜
- taejcutmoresmithNo unfortunately I don't, but I'll certainly remember that for next time I'm down! 🙌 🙌 🙌 thanks @sammyandbellaofficial
- ilanit.f@sammyandbellaofficial Thank you beautiful ladies😘 Keep posting delicious and beautiful food☺ Lots of love from Israel💖❤
- upenreshYes did @sammyandbellaofficial
Log in to like or comment.