ivanhenaresMillions of Filipinos are visiting Catholic churches tonight for the annual #visitaiglesia. Bacolor Church in Pampanga continues to use the traditional monumento (altar of repose), decorated with altar frontals adorned with beaten silver (pukpok) designs. During the Spanish colonial period, churches had monumentos made of gilded wood, pukpok, lagang (nautilus shells), mother of pearl or paper flowers. Heritage churches should continue using traditional monumentos for Holy Thursday #HolyWeek2016 #VisitaIglesia2016 #HeritagePH
- dietqueenkatWish i was there now the witness the entire ritual! Happy holy thursday & happy easter kuya @ivanhenares
- margauxvanessaAte @osachikako we visited this church 😊☺
- ivanhenares@dietqueenkat You should have come! @dawncurlz is having lunch here at my house in San Fernando tomorrow 😊
- ivanhenares@margauritaaa @osachikako 👍
- pambansanglegsthe best place to be during lent is pampanga, specifically bacolor!
- ivanhenares@pambansanglegs 👍
Log in to like or comment.