lia_pasParesthesia 1 (hand) . This is not an accurate representation of nerves in the hand but rather a semi abstract representation of the sensation of paresthesia. Paresthesia is a sensation of tingling in the extremities and was initially one of the more worrisome symptoms of this mysterious illness that I came down with in August 2015. I have passed all neurological exams with flying colours but almost always experience paresthesia throughout the day. This piece is the first of I don't know how many based on these sensations.
- lia_pas#scienceart #medicalart #anatomyart #paresthesia #embroidery #craftselfie #surfacedesignassociation
- dinolite.usAmazing work
- octopi_eyeslovely stitches - and a really cool way to examine your illness through art
- lia_pasThank you all @thedaybooks @dinolite.us & @octopi_eyes
- preparingforghostsSuch a beautiful rendition
- lia_pasThank you @preparingforghosts
- email@example.com 🙏🙌🙏
- cu.natureSo amazing!
- lia_pasThank you @cu.nature !
- lia_pasThanks @lionfacemcgee !
- ch.cantThis piece is exceptionally gorgeous. Such an uncomfortable sensation. How anatomy can be so beautiful yet so painful. ..
- lia_pasThank you so much @ch.cant .
- jameswyperI can feel that up my arm when I look at it.
- lia_pasThe threads hang down almost arm length @jameswyper . I'm so glad the visceral nature of it is coming across!
- jameswyperAh, very cool! I was going to ask about the threads.
- jameswyperIt's really mature visual work. Looking forward to watching it propagate. :)
- lia_pasThank you @jameswyper ! That means a lot to me. I've been an observer of visual work for so long and only done a little of it in the past. To create visual work still feels new to me.
Log in to like or comment.