loritimesfive...best part...joining sleeves to body and knitting up the yoke...and becoming familiar with the delicate yet sturdy plötulopi.
Things that have helped:
★ gently, loosely, hand wind to a ball ★ always leave slack, unwinding several lengths before knitting (never pull) ★ weave in any ends or tails and mark your beginning (or they will disappear)
★ yarn bowls or any smooth bowl help to lessen tension
★ somehow even though this unspun can pull apart at the slightest tug, when actually making stitches it is very determined. It wants to be knitted. And the most beautiful fabric it makes (worth the 😳moments!)
#alafoss #ryðrauðcardigan #ryðrauð #plötulopi #rustycardigan
- myshetlandgardenWhat size of needles do you use Lori? @loritimesfive 😍
- loritimesfive@myshetlandgarden I'm using size 7 (4.5) for the body misa and 5 (3.75) for the ribbing. xx
- myshetlandgardenThank you so much Lori, it's really stunning! Can't wait to see the finished thing! xx @loritimesfive
- loritimesfive@myshetlandgarden thank you misa! It's been such a fun knit!
- katabet1I must be so soft!!
- alfcloudmailIt looks really beautiful...
- knittingalwaysonmymindMaybe you have said already but I have missed it but what pattern are you knitting? - it turns out beautiful @loritimesfive 😍
- emilycpoleson😍 Beautiful
- loritimesfive@knittingalwaysonmymind Ida this is ryðrauð by Steinunn Birna Guðjónsdóttir 😘thank you 💕
- camelliafibercompanyI just want to reach out and touch this so bad!
- helenemagnusson@steinunnbirna20 you are on @loritimesfive needles 😊
- fareisleAmazing 💙
- zmama03SO LOVELY @loritimesfive ...I hope if I keep trying to learn I can knit like you someday💕💕💕💕
- woolythyme1How beautiful this is !
- lostcityknitsUnspun is fabulous! I just spotted two wheels in my stash today. After seeing your sweater I think I may need a bump.😉
- knit.love.woolCan we trade? I like yours better! Looks so beautiful in the unspun!
- nielanellThis looks beautiful Lori, and how interesting!
- blueberryfields_Oh wow! Lori, you have done another amazing job! I cant wait to see the finished weater❤️
- kathycadbrava love love💖
- loritimesfive@galezucker it's a little unnerving, and a lot beautiful, worth the anxiety!
Log in to like or comment.