sammyandbellaofficial🌲 LEBANESE WEEK: This is such an easy lebanese dish, it will become a family favourite for you too! It's #bakedkibbeh... or #kibbehbilsayneeyeh
- Soak 2cups cracked wheat in hot water for 1 hour. - Middle layer: Fry 1/3 c pine nuts, 1 chopped onion, 450g minced lamb or beef, 2 crushed cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground cumin, and chilli powder (and S&P) to taste. - for the top and bottom layers: Place in a food processor drained bulgur, 1.5 onions, 900g mince, 1 bunch mint, plus seasoning and puree until a uniform textured paste forms.
.see comments for rest of recipe:
- sammyandbellaofficial- butter a large baking dish, place 1/2 of pure layer and flatten. next place cooked meat layer in, then top with final pureed meat layer. flatten top with wet hands until smooth.
- bake at 170C for 45 minutes, and 1/2 way through cooking score the top for decoration
- serve with cucumbers and yoghurt
#lebaneseweek #lebanesefood #lebanesecuisine #lebanesecooking #lebaneseingredients #lebaneserecipe #lebanon #lebanese #mkr #masterchefau #mykitchenrules
- phbakesMy favourite!!! 😍😍😍😍
- its_gourmet_babySounds so good ❤️😊😋
- rubinaandMy mother In law makes this with about 1 litre of oil and I cringe every time she serves it. I'm sooo happy I have found a recipe that requires no oil. Just a little butter.
- josh_i_am_Yes yes yes!!! 🙌🙌 this dish reminds me of my childhood 👦🏽
- sammyandbellaofficial@rubinaand oh! It can sometimes be a bit dry so I understand why some people add oil... I love to serve it with yoghurt or taztziki to add some moisture...
- sammyandbellaofficial@josh_i_am_ nostalgia is so important in food!
- sammyandbellaofficial@phbakes @its_gourmet_baby I'm so in love with this dish!
- josh_i_am_So true! Yes I always used to eat this with Greek Yoghurt (which my Jiddo (grandpa) used to call "Labany". I don't know if that word means yoghurt but that's what he called it lol
- phbakes@sammyandbellaofficial Have it with Labneh! Josh is right.. It's the perfect combo! Delicious!! 😋
- sammyandbellaofficial@phbakes @josh_i_am_ looks like I'm making lab me this week :)
- phbakes@sammyandbellaofficial Mmmm yum!! Can't wait! :)
- darseen_restaurantSuch an inspiration
Log in to like or comment.