geussmWhen I was 12, I decided I needed to lose weight, which lead to a couple years of excessive exercising and food restriction. The only part of a bagel which was "allowed" was the crust. By the time I was 14, I had been in two treatment centers and hospitalized twice as my heart tried to give up on my 77 lb body. Yes, even sixteen years later there are tiny voices that still say, "you shouldn't eat that." Yes there are people who say foods like this are "white death" and I would be better if I had my egg whites and veggies. But training has taught me there is no space for "diet" in my vocabulary. I've learnt I can still be healthy and eat what I want. Food is nourishment, and, gosh darn it, the salt bagel with everything cream cheese from #sunrisebagels is da bomb, especially after a hard workout (even if it is only half, as their bagels are ginormous!!!).
Life is all about balance. #triathlontraining #athletefood #foodasfuel
- tamme_stitt_photographyNilly i absolutely love this and I love sunrise and their big fat amazing bagels that no one else can match. It's worth every bite !
- tamme_stitt_photography*molly not nilly hahha
- yolanda__chanBrilliant one
- randekkaThose dang voices never quite quiet but I'm proud of you for not listening. Food is fuel. Balance in everything. You are such a inspiration to me Molly!
- thinningmatchaWe think you are super! ☺
- alexpanagioHey there, I'm doing a blog post about food in Midtown. Is it ok if I use this image for Sunrise Bagel & Deli? I will credit/link to your original post.
- geussm@alexpanagio of course!
Log in to like or comment.