nickgolebiewskiI’m taking over over the Instagram feed at @museumateldridgestreet all day today, follow along with #NicksLunchboxAtEldridge
The Eldridge Street Synagogue was built in 1887 and designed by architects Peter and Francis William Herter. This was the first time in America that Eastern European Jews had built a synagogue from the ground up. By the 1940s though, the main sanctuary gradually fell out of use, and into decay.
#NicksLunchboxService #eldridgestreet #synagogue #chinatown #chinatownnyc #herterbrothers #lowereastside #facade #art #architecture #drawing #LES
- willowbarcelonaLove that you are doing this today. Off to teach. Look forward so much to checking here throughout the day!
- nickgolebiewski@willowbarcelona Thanks -- and please spread the word about the project today!
- queenieme1Really, really like this one!
- nickgolebiewski@queenieme1 Thanks -- always look up😀
- guatsanSharp, crisp detail😉
Log in to like or comment.