bigskyresort[Post 4/10] Hey, all! @ryandaythompson again. No takeover would possibly be complete without talking about one of the most classic runs in North America: The Big Couloir. "The Big" is the subject of a good many skier dreams. Accessible by two quick chairs and a tram ride locals have been known to lap it as many three to four times in a day as a matter of routine before their afternoon shift at Andiamo starts at 2pm. It attracts ski industry professionals, fierce weekenders, sweaty palmed first timers, editors of glossy magazines, the old, the young, the terrified, and the fearless. People move here just so they can ski it every day. It isn't a secret really but it feels like one because patrol spaces each party by a good ten to twenty minutes and every interested party is subject to a mandatory sign up. Translation: When you're in The Big it's just you and the mountain.
Don't be fooled: This is serious terrain. Another example of our amazing patrol keeping otherwise inaccessible terrain open as a regular job. They open it as early possible in the season and it's usually one of the last runs to close in April.
To ski The Big you'll need a beacon, shovel, probe (and you should know how to use them!), partner, and a whole bunch of GIVE'R!! #vsco #vscocam #bigsky #bigskyresort #bozeman #montana #visitmontana #montanamoment #ski #skiing #sender #giver #bigcouloir #couloirdreams @visitmontana
- chasing_what_matters@sdettore @linus_dos filled with regret, waiting to die alone...
- lesliehurst7@stuartdhurst @msh525
- lucecannon87@ben_brosseau 2017
- danii0922@bendepiero @donaldsurdoval
- dgbigdCheck out this line @austin9950 @txststud512
- breimer273@bjabell be my partner!
- brandon_schaffer67Let's do this some time @schaff2point0
- schaff2point0@brandon_schaffer67 we'll have to put a few more miles on our skis before we're ready for this, but some day we will bud
- mattador54@tarabithiaa this what we missed out on 💀
- willnnewtonn@s_cuccia13 get up here!
- p1sxAnyone else think it's kinda ironic you need a beacon, shovel and partner to ski Schmittys but headwaters or a to z chutes you can charge out there completely on your own? Whatever. It's still my favorite place to ski even after all these years.
- kelleymcnamara@lizwoods let's GO!!!!
Log in to like or comment.