gracialouiseA Mitchell's hopping mouse (Notomys mitchellii) scampered across my page in search of a burrow. (2B pencil specimen sketching at the @melbournemuseum.)
- gracialouise#Mitchellshoppingmouse #hoppingmouse #Notomysmitchellii #MelbourneMuseum #specimens #drawing #thisissaturday #thisisautumn #rodents!
- pasadenamansions@gracialouise save that rodent for me xxx
- jellibatOh you're in the museum again :) is this something other people can do to?
- pixbyrichardLooks a great thing to be doing. Am envious!
- gracialouiseYes! The museum hold them four times a year, @jellibat, in the Discovery Centre, and you need to register for them. The next one will be in winter. I'll be requesting rodents again for my specimens to draw. See you there perhaps. 🐀
- gracialouiseAnd rightly so, @pixbyrichard. It was a real treat to draw from specimens and to be able to rotate them and capture all sides. And a terrific challenge too, @alessandratacla. Here's to next time, @pasadenamansions and @misterpercy! 🐀🏷
- jellibatDid they advertise about it on their social media? i was looking out for info since last time you went. I don't miss out again !
- gracialouiseNot sure where/how/if it was advertised, @jellibat. We found out about it when we went to visit their rare book collection. The specimen drawing sessions are new and planned quarterly. Best to contact the Discovery Centre to see. X
- jellibatWill do thanks
- thedresscollectiveLove ☝
Log in to like or comment.