humansofny“I graduated last May with an accounting degree and moved to the city. But four months had passed and I didn’t have a job yet. I’d probably sent out my resume to thirty different places. And I couldn’t afford to keep waiting for people to call me back. So I went to the strip with all the car dealerships, and started going door-to-door to see if they had any openings in accounting. I’ve always loved cars. I used to always read Consumer Reports with my dad. So I thought it would be a good fit. The lady at BMW was a bit standoffish. Then I went to Audi. They were great. Super welcoming. But they didn’t have any positions at the moment. Then I got to Jaguar/Land Rover-- which was my first choice, so I was working up to it— and they sat me down right there for an interview. I was there all afternoon, then they said: ‘We like what we see. Can you start tomorrow?’ I ran outside and called my parents. My dad was so proud of me. I was so proud of myself.”
- sweetjelliPersistence and perseverance!
- kyotoyogiCreate your own opportunity
- tyalalityaI have the same skirt! 😍
- joiedevivre86You rock girl! 👏🏼
- h_kikoAwesome! Congrats!!!
- h_kikoIsn't she awesome @bahism
- 1rare_gemstoneCongratulations 🎊
- ausfashionista_04thats fantastic congrats 😊
- michelle555519Congrats!!! 😄👏🏽
- lea_mack_dizzle@saunsi_ make it happen!!!
- zasdf1972There will be ups, there will be downs, and I am not gonna pay you for giving an upside to my whisky time. Sorry but not sorry - lots of lovey-dovey symbols ******
- world_of_gracieU never gave up. And that is why u will succeed.
- artsy_couture_boutiqueWe love your motivation and tenacity...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Log in to like or comment.