yummymummyclubdotcaIt's hard to believe that as recently as the 1980s it was believed that babies didn't feel pain. So, babies often had procedures and major surgeries without medication or anaesthesia - only paralytics so they wouldn't move. Can you even imagine?? Thankfully doctors now understand that babies definitely do experience pain, and that exposure to pain has a negative impact on children's brain development, learning, and attention later in life. This is why managing our kids' pain is so important! #ItDoesntHaveToHurt
- peadypicsAbsolutely! Thank goodness the mindset is finally coming around to a kinder, gentler, way of thinking. One of the best reminders that #itdoesnthavetohurt.
- yummymummyclubdotca#healthykids #happykids #didyouknow #stayhealthy
- betteronabeachOMG that made my heart stop. I had no idea. I don't even understand how doctors could have thought that in the first place!! Thank god it's changed. I can't even imagine what poor babies went through.
- yummymummyclubdotca@peadypics Thank goodness is right!
- yummymummyclubdotca@betteronabeach We had the same reaction!
- yummymummyclubdotca@yourladylounge Crazy, right?!
- canbloghouseKids DO feel pain...but #itdoesnthavetohurt
- alimamastore:( just because they can't communicate their feelings?! So sad. Looking forward to and even brighter future
Log in to like or comment.