eclectidbitsA sad day for the #fountainpen world ✍🏻😢 #Omas #omasfountainpen #fpgeeks #fountainpennetwork #fountainpenaddict #handwriting
- chatterleyluxuries@fountainofink They did not accept any offers from buyers although I heard there were about 10 parties interested. Including LVMH... This tells me, that it may not be gone forever... Maybe just a re-organization. If the current company holding it was just done, why would they just sell? I think it's not over. But it might be time until we know more than we do now. Which is currently they have let almost all employees go and plan on doing repairs and keeping a skeleton crew on for 6 more months. There should be more information next I'm told.
- colonel4god@chatterleyluxuries thanks for the info.
- ramblingsfromcanada@chatterlyluxuries thanks for the extra scoop of info. I really want to hope that it isn't over :(
- chatterleyluxuriesYeah, it's all very depressing. I felt like we were getting great traction with the brand in the last 6 years. Going back to roots, and they were making pens that were more true to vintage Omas. But in the end, it needs to be profitable. And it's very hard to have a business in Italy with all the crazy labor laws in place. It's very sad really.
- fountainofink@chatterleyluxuries thanks for informing ... I hope it all gets solved soon
- elenchermindVery sad news indeed. On a more selfish note, I hope they're able to finish my order in the time left, I'll be extremely sad if I miss out. 😢 @chatterleyluxuries
- murberdrawsI'm sorry my friend, I know how much you enjoy their pens! 😔
- ggerubum@eclectidbits Really?? Unbelievable..😱
- ggerubumSad info.. Thanks for the info.
- kiatthe1Thanks for the info
- visual_stenographerA sad time indeed
- zf01No más Omas!
- joaonatividade.j6Não acredito!
- eliasongHi, I always wanted to buy an Omas, I was wondering if you could recommend a classic model and who might still be selling them? Thanks !
Log in to like or comment.