mountainofthedragonThis one is my favorite 1930's Farmers Wife block I've made to date...intense color is my thing. #fw57margaret #fw1930sqal #fqs1930sfarmerswife #monicasfarmerswife
- jaceynotjcMe, too. It is totally my thing. This is fun!
- quirkygranolagirlEek! I super heart this! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
- katebastiThat's gorgeous!!
- rivergirlquiltsSo beautiful 😍😍😍
- laurie3.14We have identical color preferences! This is my favorite too.
- kimberly78759Oooh! Love this! ❤️
- metamaramaLOVE THIS!
- juneauwendyJust gorgeous!
- quirkygranolagirlYou have really inspired me with this block. I hope you don't mind if I try my hand at some vivid FW blocks.
- quirkygranolagirlI've been thinking about this ever since you posted it.
- mountainofthedragonImitation is the best form of flattery @quirkygranolagirl, you go for it! Lord knows I was probably inspired by something I had seen...and so it goes.
- quirkygranolagirlYour cerise and red orange are pretty much the shades I chose for the DS workshop we had last year. You made me think about making these FW blocks with as *little* change in value possible. Wouldn't that be kinda crazy?
- mountainofthedragonI think it would be fabulous! @quirkygranolagirl Might have to copy you right back 😉
- quirkygranolagirl@mountainofthedragon it would be wild! To put all of that work into complex blocks that shimmer in bright colors but then look like solid gray in B&W 😬 One of the reasons I love text fabric is that it draws you in because your brain automatically wants to read it. What if having very little change in value drew you in because your brain wanted to see the pattern clearer? I'm super excited!
- mountainofthedragonI think you're a genius...now go get busy! (and this is why we both have so many WIPs)
- mountainofthedragon@quirkygranolagirl See above 👆👆👆( I'm talking to myself again). I actually came back to tell you that you're absolutely right about the text prints drawing you in because you want to read them. Such a good observation. Never thought about that aspect, but I'm convinced you're 100% right!
Log in to like or comment.