janetnewenhamRode this ancient tram (operating since 1885!) on the steepest hill in Lisbon today. I was the only tourist on it...and the only person under 70!!
I'm actually unsure if this is a tram or a funicular ...but either way it's beautiful!
Was a fun experience and snapped some great pics from the top. Looking forward to taking the famous Tram 28 tomorrow which goes all the way around the old town.
- sallyaroundtheworldBeautiful... Part of me likes to think I would walk up the hill but I would probably take the tram haha
- yucatansavvytravelerLovely pics Janet, good luck in your next stops (India, right?) and if ever something brings you to southeastern Mexico, it would be my pleasure to assist you
- nxtlvl_travelsWait..... You take these photos with your phone? #awesome
- bigworldsmallpocketslove that it was just you and the oldies on the bus! Great image x
- r.erin2What a stunning shot!! Feel like this is a glimpse of what the olden days in Lisbon!
- savoredjourneysI wish we had those to get up the steep streets in Seattle.
- hopelessnostalgicLovely colors.
- travelsandstoriesOh, I was about say..."what little cute tram", till I read a comment above. ;) Very interesting. How's Portugal treating you? I am hoping to squeeze in some time for this beautiful country later this year!
- travelingbytesWe are coming to Lisbon in a month. Definitely riding this one :)
- the_roaming_renegadesLove these trams in Lisbon, such a lovely city to explore. Would love to return.
- janetnewenham@ohheythererachel It's a great city, loving it!
- janetnewenham@travelsandstories You must, it's so nice here. And warm considering its January!
- janetnewenham@travelingbytes You will LOVE it!
- twodriftersxoThis is great!
- janetnewenhamThanks @two_drifters_
- janetnewenham@the_roaming_renegades I love the trams to, add such character to the city!
- travelsandstoriesOh really? That's awesome 😊
- janetnewenham@travelsandstories Was walking around in a t-shirt and leggings at one stage yesterday. I guess walking up all the hills helps keep you warm too haha
- travelsandstoriesHaha.. I am sure
Log in to like or comment.