tinyrayofsunshineSo, I was reading over the instruction pages at the back of my official #BulletJournal notebook when I read the idea of a Weekly Log come up. Ryder @rydercarroll explained that some BulletJournalers create a Weekly Log with migrated tasks that didn't get done over the week to keep them fresh in mind. I thought about how I could go about creating one of these and what it would look like (more than likely as a list), so I started by titling a fresh collection, 'Weekly Log,' then I added a mini calendar (you know how much I love those from some of my previous articles), and then I thought, "okay, well, I can migrate tasks that I didn't get to last week so I can work on them this week, but how can I make it so that I can jot down events that are upcoming this week...?" Then I saw the space underneath the mini calendar and thought that would be a genius place to write down events in a rapid-log manner! So, I wrote down events and appointments underneath the mini-cal, then I proceeded to look over last week's tasks and migrated them to this collection so I can make sure to work on them without overloading my daily logs! It'll also function as a 'brain dump' (for lack of a more universal word...) throughout the week! This way I am able to keep my focus up in my daily logs and have these here when I'm ready to work on them! I am so excited about this 😁 I feel like this has been the missing piece in my system! Time to whittle away at these! #bulletjournallove #bulletjournalchallenge
- hellococoonI just love your writing, so fluent and beautiful 😍 can I ask what size nib you're using for these turquoise headers please ? 😊
- tinyrayofsunshine@hellococoon Aw, thank you! It's a medium nib, I thicken up the down strokes with another pass over 😊
- hellococoonThank you very much ! I'm in the hunt for a good fountain pen and inks to use, can't wait to start using them again ! I was a huge fan in my high school years 😊 take care love !
- sothisiswhatLove this! 💕 I make something like this each week and have been trying out different ways! Live your idea! I will definitely give this little calendar a try...not sure if I will be got at it 😊
- dani.jbstudioThis is what I'm looking for. I don't like the tracker charts but I need a collection for daily, weekly and monthly tasks so I don't forget them but I don't want to overload my daily logs which are getting pretty messy. I'll probably adapt this idea. TFS.
- em_plansLove your calendar Kim! Your pages are always so classy! I'm forever in awe 😘 @tinyrayofsunshine
- tinyrayofsunshine@sothisiswhat I'm sure whatever you come up with will be beautiful! 😊
- tinyrayofsunshine@danimalencar Of course! That's what great about this lovely community, we all inspire one another 😊
- tinyrayofsunshine@em_plans Aw, thanks Emma! I enjoy your style as well 😘
- sothisiswhatI will tag you in the picture ✨ I hope I will set the page up this weekend 😘
- tinyrayofsunshine@sothisiswhat Awesome! Can't wait 😊
- tinyrayofsunshine@gradieu Aw, thanks! I don't have a flex pen, I just do some faux calligraphy after writing in cursive by adding an extra line to my downstrokes to give it some width ☺. I use a medium nib Cross Bailey for the headers.
- tinyrayofsunshine@gradieu Haha, right?! I love it, especially that Waterman Inspired Blue. My goodness is it a gorgeous color 😍 Perfect for accenting a page full of grey 😂 Speaking of which, love that grey, can't enough of it! I find myself itching to write just so I can write with it ✒. I have not heard of the Lexington, I'm pretty smitten with this one though, so I've no reason to wander 😉. Aw, thank you for the kind words! That means a lot to me! I've never been told I inspired someone with fountain pens, ha! That's awesome 💞
- dsmallcI am going to try this at least once. I'd given up making weekly spreads of any kind, but this might be useful.
- tinyrayofsunshine@dsmallc I'm with you there, I gave up on making weekly layouts, but having this weekly list of sorts has been so awesome! My dailies no longer feel overwhelming 😊
- schildmaidI'm new to the concept of bullet journals, but love your idea with the weekly list (using a Moleskine weekly notebook so far). Do I get it right: You put the weekly list at the start of each weeks daily entries? What if a week ends in one month and starts in the next?
- tinyrayofsunshine@schildmaid Welcome, Mina! A week is a week, so I would do the rest of the week from the end of a month and begin the fresh week for the new month once that begins. Some add the week to whichever month has more of that week - up to you to play around and experiment to see what you like! 😊
- schildmaid@tinyrayofsunshine Thanks for the fast reply. I'll see what works best for me ^^
- ciellie_what fountain pen do you use? :)
Log in to like or comment.