I Would Like To Thank President Cheryl Boone Isaacs And The Board Of Governors Of The Academy Of Motion Pictures Arts And Sciences For Awarding Me an Honorary Oscar This Past November. I Am Most Appreciative. However My Wife, Mrs. Tonya Lewis Lee And I Will Not Be Attending The Oscar Ceremony This Coming February. We Cannot Support It And Mean No Disrespect To My Friends, Host Chris Rock and Producer Reggie Hudlin, President Isaacs And The Academy. But, How Is It Possible For The 2nd Consecutive Year All 20 Contenders Under The Actor Category Are White? And Let's Not Even Get Into The Other Branches. 40 White Actors In 2 Years And No Flava At All. We Can't Act?! WTF!! It's No Coincidence I'm Writing This As We Celebrate The 30th Anniversary Of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday. Dr. King Said "There Comes A Time When One Must Take A Position That Is Neither Safe, Nor Politic, Nor Popular But He Must Take It Because Conscience Tells Him It's Right". For Too Many Years When The Oscars Nominations Are Revealed, My Office Phone Rings Off The Hook With The Media Asking Me My Opinion About The Lack Of African-Americans And This Year Was No Different. For Once, (Maybe) I Would Like The Media To Ask All The White Nominees And Studio Heads How They Feel About Another All White Ballot. If Someone Has Addressed This And I Missed It Then I Stand Mistaken.
As I See It, The Academy Awards Is Not Where The "Real" Battle Is. It's In The Executive Office Of The Hollywood Studios And TV And Cable Networks. This Is Where The Gate Keepers Decide What Gets Made And What Gets Jettisoned To "Turnaround" Or Scrap Heap. This Is What's Important. The Gate Keepers. Those With "The Green Light" Vote. As The Great Actor Leslie Odom Jr. Sings And Dances In The Game Changing Broadway Musical HAMILTON, "I WANNA BE IN THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS". People, The Truth Is We Ain't In Those Rooms And Until Minorities Are, The Oscar Nominees Will Remain Lilly White. (Cont'd)
- okgurliseeyou@thatbamaguy blacks have so much power if we just band together on this which we won't. If absolutely no black people tuned in believe it would take a hit. Advertisers would be pissed. Lol.
- theeliteblackWho cares?
- djwillgill@okgurliseeyou it really needs to start with black athletes. They hold all the power.
- danny.villalva@theeliteblack truuuuuuuu
- irnsapreach spike, oh and next time don't capitalize every word.
- nuqiannalisattaI'm feeling everything said! Yet that is we are kept disunited and ignorant to the truth and history so we won't come together and vote against things like this! Instead we are hating each other and attacking each other to keep us focused on stupidity instead of the real issues! We have no corporations nor any industries as compatible competition. We are kept blind to our heritage! As one brother indicated we have been placed under a deadly spell that has rendered us totally ignorant to our true heritage! We must wake and each one teach one before it's too late! Also the Willie Lynch letter indicates the facts of our current conditions regardless who or when it was ridden! The facts are the important topics not what women want us to focus on to keep us blind while they stay on top! And God Almighty only helps those that helps themselves and those that believe in only Him as a God! However these will continue to exist due to ignorance selfishness greed hatred and envy! We need to function to be successful by creating businesses and training our on people yet we have more millionaires than the 70's to initiate the fundamental aspects of success and still we cannot come together as one due to the earlier slavery thinking capacity of those days practiced today.
- palesankwane2yrs in a row that prove to me that the Oscars are racist #oscarssowhite
- noah_597Mr king resembles a younger @miketyson huhn..2 fighters in different ways..@officialspikelee ;-)
- mufee6#FilmmakersUnited #MuforignoFilmsLLC©
- it_is_alexisDoing a report on Spike Lee what should I say 😱😱😱
- 80sbaby90skidadz@papitaanita well, what he ends with is the point.
- this_blkfaceWow @nuqiannalisatta ✊
- annabelleponceWould you be interested in making a film about the history of Uganda? He is looking for a producer and diector
- annabelleponceI'm sorry if
- annabelleponceI'm sorry I am on my phone the King is seriously looking for this project to be done. Let me know at my email above.
- mk_1bagsu6556423df javadevelopersusa.com
Log in to like or comment.