happy_zombieSo I made these things called Block Buddies out of @the_warm_company Soft & Bright + corrugated plastic = piecing boards. Super dorky name, but they serve a really good function. And I blogged about it. What?! Yup. Link in my profile.
- happy_zombieThank you so much!!! @bethcurtis62 @sewing4mommytime @pamkittymorning @swolfmomof3 @tea.and.stitchery @carolanngillen @sewpsychd @reneenewstrum
- happy_zombie@perfectionnotincluded Thank you!! Backing stuff - exactly what I wanted to avoid! My first idea was to make a "pillowcase" and sleeve the board, and thought I wonder if the plastic could be sewed! And tahdah, it can!!
- happy_zombie@thimbleblossoms You do!! :) 💗
- happy_zombieThank you all so much!! @scrapquilter @mollydpitts @jenkaa55 @beechtreelanehandmade @1332long
- email@example.com Thank you!! I used an old rotary cutter I have designated for paper.
- happy_zombie@andrea_rennick @debby_warthen Thank you!! Yes, Lori's are different, and great to have choices (and her's are seriously cute!)
- badgershipleyAwesome :)
- suzannereynolds07Brill! Thanks, Monica.
- jblacklvilleDid you use anything special to cut the sheet of plastic?
- happy_zombie@badgershipley @suzannereynolds07 Thank you!!
- happy_zombie@jblacklville I used an old rotary cutter I have designated for paper.
- lysaflowerYou had me at dorky name😏Brilliant!
- happy_zombie@lysaflower Thank you!!
- kathi.martinmy GIRL! Your brain is so big and I love what it squeezes out to us. Oh - and much much LOVE for that glorious grey block. yum.meee
- kimberlyrennieI love the block you have laid out on your block buddy. Is there a pattern for it?
- firstname.lastname@example.org @kimberlyrennie Thank you!! The pattern is Ginny & Ruth by @elizabethagh and is available (for free) on the @robertkaufman website.
- ibesewkoolI loved your tutorial for the Block Buddies! Making some tonight! Awesome idea!
- happy_zombie@ibesewkool Awesome!! And thank you!'
- mollydpitts@kidgiddy hi Kerry I just saw your post about your pieces for your Farmers Wife block getting all mixed up. I made up a few of these boards and they are awesome! I took a snapshot of the insulation board @happy_zombie used with me to Home Depot - this stuff wasn't with the other insulation board in mine so the photo saved me. I used an old top stitch needle and the batting Monica suggested is the best for sticking power.
- kidgiddy@mollydpitts thanks! I'm working on my block wall - but mini portables without the bulk would be helpful for pieces.
Log in to like or comment.